PDA

View Full Version : help needed for a beginer

drfox1984
17-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Hello all, I am compleatly new to this. This is only my second thred ever, Party due to the fact that i didn't want to ask noobie questions and just get slated for not doing a bit of reading first. Well i have read a few noobie guides on satalite tv. I kinda understand the theory behind what some of it is about. But would like to clarfiy and confirm a few things.

Basicaly i used to have sky but cancled due to lack of funds. I'm thinking of getting a dream box 500 and using the mini dish i already have. If anyone could help me with a few points i would be very thankfull.

1) As far as i am aware you cannot decript Channels on the Videoguard Encription. (SKY DIGITAL?) is this true?

2) If it is is there any point in me getting a dreambox if i'm not changing my satalite?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Appologies in advance for asking questions that are probally very basic.

alex

krazylegz
18-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello all, I am compleatly new to this. This is only my second thred ever, Party due to the fact that i didn't want to ask noobie questions and just get slated for not doing a bit of reading first. Well i have read a few noobie guides on satalite tv. I kinda understand the theory behind what some of it is about. But would like to clarfiy and confirm a few things.
Basicaly i used to have sky but cancled due to lack of funds. I'm thinking of getting a dream box 500 and using the mini dish i already have. If anyone could help me with a few points i would be very thankfull.
1) As far as i am aware you cannot decript Channels on the Videoguard Encription. (SKY DIGITAL?) is this true?
2) If it is is there any point in me getting a dreambox if i'm not changing my satalite?
Any help would be very much appreciated. Appologies in advance for asking questions that are probally very basic.
alex
hi and welcome to the forum m8:)

1)yes you are right you cannot decrypt channels protected with videoguard/NDS which is what sky digital use.

2)you can still get FTA channels but you wouldnt get any more using a DM500S than you would any other sky box.

if you do consider getting a new dish then it's a whole new ball game m8;)

hope this helps ya