PDA

View Full Version : validating a version of xp

vincewrd
17-12-2007, 10:12 PM
i have the files change product key etc to validate a version of xp which allows me to get the updates, but is there any way of them finding out

y2krog2000
18-12-2007, 09:05 AM
If your worried about them coming knocking on your door I wouldnt worry, if you have done it and it works then fair play but I wouldnt worry the worst that would happen is that you will download some annoying thing from them that shows up on your computer that says its not a legit copy and that can be removed.

bwfcjeff
19-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Lol, just run the validation found in ETHO folder on XP disc & it will be fine, if you get a message saying its not genuine windows just get the latest validation software & run it, you have to be in safe mode to do this though, good luck.

vincewrd
19-12-2007, 11:37 PM
i have nothing saying its not genuine so i guess it went ok also downloaded all the updates fine.

y2krog2000
19-12-2007, 11:45 PM
i have nothing saying its not genuine so i guess it went ok also downloaded all the updates fine.
The way I used to do it would be to pick the downloads you want to install then when it gives you the list of downloads I think there is only 1 mabey 2 that you dont want, wga advantage you definatly dont want so click do not download and then click dont remind me about this update again and it should stop asking you to download it for a while, cant remember what the other one was or even if there was another 1 lol.