PDA

View Full Version : is my plasma tv on its last legs ?

BraveHeart
17-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Ive noticed today that my plasma tv has a darker picture than normal, ive turned up the contrast full and its still the same.

Is this a common sign of a plasma tv on its way out ??? if so, is it repairable ? iam hoping its not, so that i can have a new replacment under warranty.

please let me know.

cheers.

thelostone
08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
sorry if this is a bit late and i hope your plasma is sorted but if not:- Panasonic: States in new specifications that new plasma TVs and monitors are good to 60,000 to half life.

Sony: Now out of the plasma market. Does not list a figure for LCD lineup.

Samsung: Lists 60,000 hours for plasma lineup.

Pioneer: States 60,000 hours of use in their new 2005 models.

Sharp LCD panels: States 60,000 hour life.

This is what i have found not knowing the make of your tv i have included all i can find.

countryboy
08-01-2008, 07:08 PM
ive a sharp aquous or something 13 months old orange highlights started to appear phoned sharp . they said it need a softwear upgrade . the engineer comes out plugs his lap top in updates the softwear . and for this charges me ?170 . anyone know where i can get this sotwear ill do it myself .

BraveHeart
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
yea, the repairman came out today, he took telly away, says it may need a new part or software upgrade too, just like last person said :(, i just gotta wait now.