13-12-2007, 02:30 PM
ok heres my problem

i tried the homebrew easy installer v1.1
but my software ver is 3.73 and it dont work with my mine

are the new slim ones able to be hacked and if so help lol

sifurlong
13-12-2007, 03:32 PM
psp-hacks.com

Go there and you will find out all kinds of stuff to help you there.

Hunter
13-12-2007, 04:09 PM
its the last 3 words i cant understand

If you are under official 1.50 PSP firmware, copy kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders from ?1.50only/? of this download to your ?ms0:/PSP/GAME/? and use it.

how the hell do i use it???

sifurlong
13-12-2007, 04:17 PM
To use it, you will need to copy the said files to your memory card in the specified location.

Then on the PSP itself, go to the Game menu then scroll down to the memory card option press 'X', then you should find the file to 'use' on there, to start the program press 'X'.

Hunter
13-12-2007, 05:03 PM
ahhhhhhh "he says"
now i did try that nd there was nothing there??

i,ll try again

am i right in saying this is what i require??

PSP Hacks ? Hacks, PSP Downloads, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities ? Hack Sony PlayStation Portable (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/07/14/psp-351-m33-custom-firmware-released/)

sifurlong
14-12-2007, 12:47 PM
It appears that you are on 3.73 already (the official $ony one)
I am not sure if that can be cracked yet. Have a look on that site about doing it.

You wont be able to use the link that you posted as it is for uprading from a lower (custom) firmware

Hoagy
19-12-2007, 11:06 PM
late reply i know but ive been off line for a week...
anyway..
the slim/lite cant run 1.5 firmware or the 1.50 kernel so downgrading is out of the question. the kxploit your trying to use is also useless.
kxploit allows a fat psp to run all homebrew apps with 1.50 firmware
hunter the only way you can hack a slim is by using pandora (magic battery and memory stick) with a program called disinter.
you should beable to find disinter on psp-hacks but if not i can help you out with it.
disinter will install 3.71M33 custom firmware from any official sony firmware.
playing homebrew is very limited because the slim dosent have a 1.5 kernel but you can play all PSP games in ISO/CSO format no problem.
now the tricky part...
you will need a FAT PSP with custom firmware to create the pandora battery.
without it you wont beable to use disinter.
if you still want it modding mate and cant do it yourself then i wouldnt mind doing it for you if you paid the postage.
hope this shreads some light on the subject though :)

Viper
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
ok heres my problem

i tried the homebrew easy installer v1.1
but my software ver is 3.73 and it dont work with my mine

are the new slim ones able to be hacked and if so help lol

Use Pandora to get latest DarkAlex custom firmware then use his Timemachine to get 3.40 on slim

Sicilian
23-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I've just got an orange upgrade phone that comes with a free PSP lite, will post when I receive it as I'd like to play backup games also.

allcock
13-05-2008, 06:35 PM
late reply i know but ive been off line for a week...
anyway..
the slim/lite cant run 1.5 firmware or the 1.50 kernel so downgrading is out of the question. the kxploit your trying to use is also useless.
kxploit allows a fat psp to run all homebrew apps with 1.50 firmware
hunter the only way you can hack a slim is by using pandora (magic battery and memory stick) with a program called disinter.
you should beable to find disinter on psp-hacks but if not i can help you out with it.
disinter will install 3.71M33 custom firmware from any official sony firmware.
playing homebrew is very limited because the slim dosent have a 1.5 kernel but you can play all PSP games in ISO/CSO format no problem.
now the tricky part...
you will need a FAT PSP with custom firmware to create the pandora battery.
without it you wont beable to use disinter.
if you still want it modding mate and cant do it yourself then i wouldnt mind doing it for you if you paid the postage.
hope this shreads some light on the subject though :)

hes right like hoagy says for slim your going to need a pandoras battery & jig stick thats how i did mine very quick & easy