PDA

View Full Version : getting multiroom from mates house

hardtarget
26-06-2006, 04:22 PM
say if my mate has sky and gets multiroom, can i bring his box over to my house and watch sky without being caught by sky?
hes got an old box lying around so i dont think he has to keep it connected to phone line,
just need to get a new viewing card, and split the costs with me

pipehose
26-06-2006, 05:44 PM
do you have dish installed

Gazer
26-06-2006, 09:24 PM
say if my mate has sky and gets multiroom, can i bring his box over to my house and watch sky without being caught by sky?
hes got an old box lying around so i dont think he has to keep it connected to phone line,
just need to get a new viewing card, and split the costs with me
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes hardtarget you can do that m8 :)

Thats the same as i do with the inlaws for the last two years....
i have sky+ on the phone line 24/7 at my house, and the other is at the inlaws......and i bring it back once a month just to do a upload to sky......which takes 2 mins then off back to the inlaws again :)
as long as you do a upload once a month you do not need to have it pluged into a phone line 24/7.

Regards Gazer.

hardtarget
28-06-2006, 02:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes hardtarget you can do that m8 :)

Thats the same as i do with the inlaws for the last two years....
i have sky+ on the phone line 24/7 at my house, and the other is at the inlaws......and i bring it back once a month just to do a upload to sky......which takes 2 mins then off back to the inlaws again :)
as long as you do a upload once a month you do not need to have it pluged into a phone line 24/7.

Regards Gazer.
i thought the upload was at a set time which you cant find out?

on skys terms

Gazer
02-07-2006, 03:42 PM
i thought the upload was at a set time which you cant find out?

on skys terms
-------------------------------------------
well lets put it this way m8......iv done it since day one....and at diffanet parts of the month with no probs.

i did forget one month then got the letter that they send you, (you must keep your boxes connent to phone line) lmao

a couple of my mates do the same thing now, as it works out half price each for them both. :D

The-Wappy-One
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
i know the cards are married to the box so do they just bring the card and slap it in your box or do they bring the box aswell??

and do you just slap it in any day and then it just up dates...

i did look in to this and noticed that they said they call you and check to see if its connected and after that it put me. :(

henry the 8th
04-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Igot my sky cut off after not having multi room cnnected toa phone line as it was at my sisters house they wanted me to pay full price for multi room box over a 6 month period £240 i refused to pay and got cut off and now get final demand letters every week so be very careful friend

Gazer
04-07-2006, 11:20 PM
if you got multiroom you must keep it connected even after the 12 months, or so they say :)

like i said since day one of me having my multiroom system all i have done is to bring the second box back to my house just before the end of the month plug into the phone line then do a callback.

donot plug the skybox into the phone line of the second house that its being used at, as this is how sky will find out.

or you have to do is (press services, then 4, then 0, then 1, select, 6, press select 4 times) then it does a callback to sky, which takes 2 mins

and i have done this now for 18 months and had two new boxes off them free of charge as upgrades :)

Regards Gazer

cpslane
15-07-2006, 11:45 AM
You can get away with it as stated as long as you do the call back every now and then. only problem is sky do random pings to some boxes and if both are not connected they start sending out letters telling you how they will charge you full price for both.

Aslong as you remember to do the call backs you should be fine.
i have even installed some for customers who only wanted 1 room connected to the phone line because of the cable run was ****e.
all i do is to do 2 call backs on both boxes and leave a flywire for the customer to do the odd call back every now and then. or the connect the phone cable if they are going away for awhile.

Declan
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Igot my sky cut off after not having multi room cnnected toa phone line as it was at my sisters house they wanted me to pay full price for multi room box over a 6 month period %u00A3240 i refused to pay and got cut off and now get final demand letters every week so be very careful friend
a family member of mine has been getting these " you owe us money" they tried charging for skytalk when it was canceled and they got a bt bill and sky bill so this has been for 3 years, they dont so squat

Red Baron
18-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Declan they do send credit company around and it goes against future credit ratings so could stop morgage or credit

aldo2332
28-11-2006, 08:28 PM
tre if you refuse to pay what they bill you for they will cut you off & default you. It sounds excellent to do this box sharing scam but I think if you care about your credit it would be too greater risk for you. Unlike me who has bad credit anyway.

Declan
07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
old thread... but i have the old sky box sitting in a cupboard on top of an ntl box. seems they havent did anything about getting it back

Bainsy
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Just my pennys worth here but...

I have had sky installed at 3 address's over the last 6 years or so and the 1st thing i have always done without fail is as soon as the installer has gone i remove the phone line from the box.

Now i have never had a problem, phone call in any way shape or form i never order PPV so no need to worry about that.

ok thats me done would never have the phone pluged into the box :)

EDIT: I have never had any problems with the servies either and when it gets updated mine updates too and can't be done through the phone line as there isnt one there.

aldo2332
07-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Y would you need to unplug it anyway? Y not just leave it in.

Red Baron
17-12-2006, 12:27 PM
the only time it has to be conected is when you have multi room as if they dont get a callback from both boxes they will charge double subs you get 3 warnings then thats when you start paying the critical part is a callback once a month from both boxes

Rezon8
15-09-2007, 05:34 PM
sky want ?300 for a HD box ... can i purchase a box off ebay and use that ??