PDA

View Full Version : Where's FilmFour

markdavidson51
04-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I've got a Panasonic Viera HD TV and recently after updating the channels the FilmFour channel has disappeared.

I think the signal strength on all my channels is pretty good and even though I've tried a few updates it's still missing.

Can anyone help with where it might have gone to?

Thanks!

Shipoftheline
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Delete everything and then do a rescan

markdavidson51
04-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks but that didn't work.

I've been looking at ukfree.tv and I believe that I get a signal from BlackHill. On my TV when I look at the manual tuning options I get great signals on C41, C47, C44, C51, and C55 but NOTHING on C65.

C65 is where a bunch of channels are including FilmFour that I just don't get.

I don't understand it as the signal quality is 10 on all channels and 8 for signal strength.

Any help would be appreciated!

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's the aerial.

A.T.V (Aerials And Television) Home Page says that to get MUXES 5 & 6 you need an E group aerial. Must say I've never looked into aerials before but MUX 6 is on channel 65 on BlackHill so maybe that's my problem?

Does that make sense?

Shipoftheline
05-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Film 4 is on Mux D and apparently this has the lowest power so some people do have problems with it. What I can't understand is if you can't get Film4 then you shouldn't get anything else on that Mux like The Hits, UKTV History, Virgin 1, TMF, Ideal World & ITV2 +1

markdavidson51
05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
uh - yeah I don't get them either but to be honest I hadn't noticed!!!

I didn't even know you could get Virgin 1 on Freeview now.

<embarrassed>

Thanks though!

Shipoftheline
06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I decent booster should sort your problem. You can get a decent one for around ?14.99 at Argos

gunny2k6
26-02-2008, 12:20 PM
for similar reasons i gave up on freeview as i moved house and in this new house i struggle to get any reception at all so ended up opting for vm as its got the line already in ;)

Shipoftheline
26-02-2008, 12:24 PM
for similar reasons i gave up on freeview as i moved house and in this new house i struggle to get any reception at all so ended up opting for vm as its got the line already in ;)

Since I got the Humax 9200 pvr I've stopped using Cable TV altogether. Reception has never been a problem here though