PDA

View Full Version : advice on a technomate 5300

jasoncypress
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
hello there , hope somebody in the know can help me out. ive been dying to get myself some free channels lol ive had a d2box which i hooked up to cable and was happy with it, since i moved ive only got a sattelite connection, i got myself a dreambox 500s i need to programme the box which im still learning to do . i wantedto put up a motorised sat dish to pick up extra sats so i called a guy who didnt think the dreambox 500s could move the sat around itself, he kinda talked me into buying a technomate with the dish, he said this will pick up al the uk sat channels and the rest, so my questions to break it down lol
will dreambox 500 s move the motorised sat dish ?
will the technomate pick up sky sports and the other bsb sky channels
do these boxes do the same thing ? any better than the other ?
would it be of any use to put 2 lnbs on the motor dish and have both the dreambox and the technomate hooked up to it ?
thanx for anyone who can help me with my dilemma :o)

krazylegz
02-12-2007, 12:07 AM
tell the bloke who told you that the 500s cant move the satellite he is talking bollox m8,they do move the dish and can do MORE than the 5300 such as c/s.

you will recieve uk channels on any reciever as long as the dish is pointing at 28.2e/28.5e but you wont be able to view any subscripton channels without a valid sub.

personally i'd say the 500s is the better box,slightly harder to set up but if you've did cable dreamboxes they're a doddle you could have a quad lnb or similar and use 2 boxes but remember only one box will control the dish and you can only watch one satellite at a time

jasoncypress
02-12-2007, 11:11 PM
thanx for your answer mate . when i say i hooked up a cable box, by this i only mean plugged it in and searched for the channels, nothing to programme lol when u say i wont be able to view any subscription channels without a valid sub ( sub meaning i need the correct image to flash to the box ) ? when i got my dreambox i also got an image called gemini version 4 . i was hoping id get this image on and id recieve the sports channels ? thanx again for your advice :o)

krazylegz
04-12-2007, 03:36 AM
when u say i wont be able to view any subscription channels without a valid sub ( sub meaning i need the correct image to flash to the box ) ? #

no m8 it means a valid subsbription that you pay for to sky