PDA

View Full Version : Thansk to Renwich and others but still need a bit more help!

miaslam
26-06-2006, 11:34 AM
A big big thanks to Renwich,
I now have my DBOX2 all working, however I only seem to have around 88 channels. I don't even have all teh Free To Air Ones, Sky One, Sky Sports etc...

I currently have sportster 1.05 rc25 2xI on my Nokia Dbox2
I tried Commando 4: both with similiar results under 100 channels found.

I treid Brute Force Scan on both, I only have broadband, I haven't signed up to *** TV services, coudl that have any bearing on it? Woudl I have to change CAM3?

Any advice or guidance would be really appreciated. I Live in Teesside on ***.

afrothunder2k5
26-06-2006, 01:51 PM
have you tried downloading a diffrent services.xml file for your area

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/cable-dbox2/671-service-bouquet-files.html

miaslam
26-06-2006, 02:09 PM
No I haevn't however Commando 4 it appears to have a section where you can specify your region and I guess using that it doesn't need the services.xml file. Put thats a good suggestion, what is the best way to change the file via ftp?

Scotster
26-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Yes FTP to your dbox and copy the file over.

I reckon the reason you aint getting enough channels is because your signal will be slightly low. The reason for this is you aren't paying for TV so they will have set the signal so that it was adequate for broadband only. You putting a dbox in there means the signal isn't as strong as it should be. A Signal booster would be a worthwhile investment.

Scott =op

miaslam
26-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi Scott,
thanx for the advice, I did try FTP: before however I was getting a username and pasword dialog box popping up any ideas what I would put in there?

Hunter
26-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi Scott,
thanx for the advice, I did try FTP: before however I was getting a username and pasword dialog box popping up any ideas what I would put in there?
maislam mate i,m at work at the moment but as soon as i get back i,ll sort you in an instance

check your pm,s mate ;)

notanotherone
26-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Scott,
root and dbox should get you into flash fxp

miaslam
26-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Hunter,
Wicked thanx bud. Got your pm. Looking forward to your help.