PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Games

Albertz
29-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi, could anyone help me, i have downloaded a game 4 times and it doesn't seem to have any rar or par files in it, when i open the file it tells me i need some programme called something split to join them all together. When i downloaded it posts where left saying it was working fine, anyone got any suggestions?

tinkertiler
29-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I have seen this before if you have win rar installed right click on the 00 or 01 file and "open with" and then choose winrar and then it should extract. If that doesnt work then right click on it and then open and then search the web and then it will find the program you need and then download that and use that program. Win rar is the better program though i would use that if i was you.

Shipoftheline
30-11-2007, 10:26 AM
I've seen fake iso's done with different compression software just so you download their cap program too so be wary

little_pob
30-11-2007, 10:57 AM
HJ-Split? File Splitters, freeware and multi-platform: HJSplit (http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/)

Albertz
30-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah if i try to open one of the files thats what programme it tells me i need to join them all up but i have never needed that in the past, i have download the same game 5 times now and still no rar or par files. All the posts left say it is working fine, just need to wait till another one comes on i guess thanks.

tinkertiler
30-11-2007, 06:04 PM
What game is it you are trying to get and it keeps doing this? As i said before open the 00 or 01 file and unrar it with winrar and it will work unless you associate it with it then it wont show up but it will open it as i said what game is it>?

Shipoftheline
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah if i try to open one of the files thats what programme it tells me i need to join them all up but i have never needed that in the past, i have download the same game 5 times now and still no rar or par files. All the posts left say it is working fine, just need to wait till another one comes on i guess thanks.

Some of the torrent sites allow members to post comments and I tend to check those to make sure the image is ok ;)