PDA

View Full Version : Benq drive spoofing problem

bobbyball
23-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Got a big problem which is driving me nuts.
I have a 360 with a broken Hitachi 78 laser. when i tried to read the drive using tool box it wouldnt let me dump the info from the drive because when i get to the bit about inserting an original game or dvd it couldnt read the disk as the laser is duff. I Decided to remove the Tsop chip and read the info from there, all went well and i found the key.
Now the problem starts. i only have a new benq drive which i took out of another machine.
Anyway i read the benq drive and made an original.bin file. I opened this file in toolbox 4.5, inserted the 78 key i retrieved from the broken drive, then i spoofed the drive to a 78 and tried the drive in the console. Powers up ok put an original game in, the drive speeds up but then says please insert 360 disk.
am i doing it wrong, and if so what??
Hope someone can help please

tinkertiler
23-11-2007, 11:12 AM
It sounds like you didnt change the key properly. Try again and make sure that the key changes or it just wont work. If you can still get the tsop chip back on the 78 drive then you can try and put a new laser in it they are very cheap off ebay. You shouldnt need to spoof a benq as a 78 as the benq was newer so not needed to be spoofed. When you need to spoof a drive it normally gives you a error code 66 i think and one flashing red light, and seeing as though your 360 is booting up ok i dont think that is the problem just that the key hasnt gone in correctly.

bobbyball
23-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi
thanks for the info i will give it a try later this afternoon.
I thought you had to spoof it.
will check the key.
cheers

bobbyball
26-11-2007, 01:07 PM
No it still will not work.
I am also having a problem with the size of the file that the dump is making as everytime i read the tsop it makes a 257kb file and not a 256kb.
I am using a up48f programmer.
The key is at the correct address..

tinkertiler
26-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Does the xbox boot ok and get to the dashboard? Do originals work? Do dvds play back ok? Or do you just get a red light on the xbox or just dirty disc errors?

There is a reason for all this checking so please be sure that you have checked everything i said and make sure that the sata lead is plugged in aswell i have done that before! And i didnt realize till after i had put it all back together again!!

dude38
21-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I had the same problem when I swapped a ben-q drive for a new one.
I had to flash the drive with an original ben-q firmware wiyh key from other drive inserted, then i flashed again with modded firmware and this solved my problem.