PDA

View Full Version : Which kb and mouse for gaming

jay
25-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I use the ZBoard and Logitech mx518 mouse.

I have 4 keysets for the ZBoard, standard, gaming, DOOM3 and Batlefield2, I like it alot and recommend it. The mouse is very accurate along with the S&S Steel mouse mat.

What are you guys using?

crimbo
28-06-2006, 05:54 PM
rm keyboard and ms mouse :) they do the job . and cost about 15 quid all in

smegal100
23-07-2006, 09:52 PM
hi normal keyboard and the same mouse mx518 mouse very acurate but i am using a everglide titan mouse matt but when looking around abit stutery when used without the matt a lot better i think i need to go for one of those stainless steel mats to solve the problem

jay
23-07-2006, 11:53 PM
I got to be honest, my mouse mat isn't as smooth as advert says, i'll have to try some others out in the shop

Tallywadger
24-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I've got a Saitek eclipse keyboard (it backlights which helps when playing in low light!) and a Logitech MX510 with just about every part configured for COD2 grenade and smoke throwing, hitting with the weapon firing, running lying flat all done by mouse!... helps the scores...BIG TIME! ;-)

jay
24-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I nearly bought that kb before this one

Your mouse config sounds great, how about a short tut on how you did that?

I'd love to apply some of those settings to Battlefield 2

Can anyone suggest a good headset?

little_pob
24-07-2006, 01:19 PM
zboard (w/ standard, gaming, bf2 and guild wars keysets) with mx510 mouse.

Considering upgrading to the mx518 (I like the sound of being able to adjust the dpi on-the-fly).

watto_uk
16-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I've always gone for Logitech mice. I like the feel of them. I currantly use a G7 cordless laser mouse. I'm happy with it. Only thing is, it gets through batteries like there's no tomorrow. Good thing they come with 2 LI-ION batteries, so there's always one charged up.

People always rave about the Razer range of mice too.

Page full of gaming grade mice here.
Overclockers UK Gaming Mice (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Gaming_Mice.html)

Tallywadger
16-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I nearly bought that kb before this one
Your mouse config sounds great, how about a short tut on how you did that?
I'd love to apply some of those settings to Battlefield 2
Can anyone suggest a good headset?

Hi Jay, sorry been on me hols!

Its very simple I set the logitec mouse properties in the startup box, dont know if I have to have it each time, but it works so I leave it that way! ;-)

The logitech has a mouse setup where you can configure all the buttons for anything so I set up the configure for COD2 and thats it everytime I play it it gives me all the key commands I need on the mouse...ace!

Tallywadger
16-08-2006, 08:24 PM
PH meant to say...headset.. I use trust751B Silverline Headset which gives you surround sound!!! yeh! and it was only 24 quid or so and its the dogs I can hear the enemy coming in from any side and xcan duck down when I hear their footteps and take em out as they round the corner! ;-0

watto_uk
19-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I've got a Saitek eclipse keyboard (it backlights which helps when playing in low light!) and a Logitech MX510 with just about every part configured for COD2 grenade and smoke throwing, hitting with the weapon firing, running lying flat all done by mouse!... helps the scores...BIG TIME! ;-)

I've just been out and bought a Saitek eclipse keyboard. My old keyboard was getting extremely tired. Some of the letters were almost completely worn off. "s" key was completely off (the key I use for forward). I have to say, I like what I see and feel so far. Keystroke is a really good feel. Cant wait for tonight, so I can try it out on Doom 3, in the dark. :)

Tallywadger
19-08-2006, 03:28 PM
You'll love it!..hope you haven't got clean pants on m8 cause if you're playin Doom in the dark...you know what will happen! ;-)

watto_uk
19-08-2006, 05:30 PM
You'll love it!..hope you haven't got clean pants on m8 cause if you're playin Doom in the dark...you know what will happen! ;-)

I play games in the dark all the time. It will be a different experience now, not having to fumble around the keyboard in the dark, looking for the right key. :grin:

Tallywadger
19-08-2006, 05:39 PM
yup! there was nothing worse than your fingers slipping over to the wrong keys and you keep going right when you want to go left!!!!! ;-)

bigpurplepenguin
23-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I use a logitech mx1000 and a standard keyboard.

The-Wappy-One
25-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Well mouse wise christmas santas told me i'll be getting a razor mouse :9:

but i have a curent problem

Should i get

1 . Zboard (With the BF2 Key set)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 2 . Merc

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Or

3 . Fang and a standard K/b

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. im more tempeted by number 3 but what is your thoughts.

main reason for this is next week my kb will be having a accident with a cup of coffee ;)

watto_uk
19-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Well mouse wise christmas santas told me i'll be getting a razor mouse :9:
but i have a curent problem
Should i get
1 . Zboard (With the BF2 Key set)
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 2 . Merc
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Or
3 . Fang and a standard K/b
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. im more tempeted by number 3 but what is your thoughts.
main reason for this is next week my kb will be having a accident with a cup of coffee ;)
Number 3.
I dont like the angle of the board in number 2. It would definately start to hurt after a while.
I had an accident with my keyboard too. It accidently fell on the floor and got trampled by a herd of elephants. :goodnight:
I'm loving this Saitek Eclipse keyboard. Saved my skin a fair few times in some late night counterstrike. :wink:
Edit: Your avatar is very disturbing.:9:

20-09-2006, 07:20 AM
mx518 and g15 keyboard the best around

weem
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
logitech all the way for me.

When i got my mx518 i noticed a big difference at first but now it seems to stick a bit on the desk (probably due to my sweaty hands).

Are these easyglide mouse mats worth the money? Or would i be just as well cleaning the desk once in a blue moon instead?

smegal100
11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
hi better cleaning the desk got one of these Matt's and my mx518works better on the desk:wink: :wink:

lol

BigDom
16-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I just bought myself a upgrade from my old Microsoft Basic ?10 thing from PC world.

Was a toss up between the Logitech G15 (lcd for that extra added geekiness!) and the Saitek Eclipse II. Went for the Saitek in the end and so far I must say I am quite impressed. The keyboard is responsive, has a weighty solid feel to it and it has been a good purchased.

As in was in the frame of mind for buying pc bits I also upgraded my Microsoft Lasermouse 6000 (poor upgrade over the good ole Explorer v3) to what seems to be the most highly regarded mouse at the moment, the Logitech G5.

This was a far better purchase imho. The only draw back it is has buttons for changing the sensitivity/dpi thingy in game, not sure about that as I'm big FPS player and have always just tweaked my sensitivity until can flick through 180degrees perfectly. Think it'll take a wee while to adjust to. It feels silky smooth my my new everglide titan mouse mat too!

Mousemats are just as important as mice sometimes imo!