PDA

View Full Version : Key Shark (Like A Keylogger)

y2krog2000
19-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Ever wanted to know what was going on on your computer? Track key strokes with this spy gadget!

This is a device that can be connected to a keyboard to record all keystrokes. It has a changeable password, keyword search, enable/disable option, and stores over a years worth of data!

Keyshark plugs in between your keyboard and your computer. A microcontroller interprets the data, and stores information in the non-volatile memory (which retains the information even when there is a loss of power.) This means that the Key Shark device can be unplugged, and the information will not be lost.

To access the recorded data, you simply type menu in a text editor and the Key Shark comes to life. A menu is displayed with options to erase data, view data, search data for keywords, change password, or disable the device.

Features:

?It is portable - move it from computer to computer.

?Installs in seconds - Just plug it in.

?Uses no system resources. Truly runs in the background.

?Works with all PC Operating Systems with PS/2 keyboards.

?Data is retained even during system lock-ups and power outages.

?No Software to learn. Use in conjunction with programs you already know.

?Fully undetectable and can store 1 years of data. 2MB version

?Records password and every keystroke ever pressed including special characters

Possible applications

?Monitoring children internet activity

?Monitor staff activity (with permission)

?Useful for computer coders incase of power failure and computer error.

I thought these things were illegal.

Keyshark, Gadgets Boys Stuff Big Boys Toys, Gifts For Birthday, New Gadgets, Weird Ideas, gifts for men, Mens Gifts & Mens Toys (http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=14727&random=933742703&cid=38&subcat=&scid=)

pande_monium
19-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I thought these things were illegal.
Keyshark, Gadgets Boys Stuff Big Boys Toys, Gifts For Birthday, New Gadgets, Weird Ideas, gifts for men, Mens Gifts & Mens Toys (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Not sure if it'd be right to term them 'illegal'... these can be used entirely for legitimate purposes as well (keeping an eye on kids, security, etc). I suppose its down to the users themselves on how to implement the product.

Its not in the nature of a knife to take a life... its the hand that holds it, that does - pande_monium ;p

But, wow... 1 year's worth of keystrokes !?! Imagine the possibilities !

y2krog2000
19-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Yea I know what you mean pande monium but I dont think you should be allowed to buy these things so easily, if you have ever watched the real hustle they done a con where they got a cleaner to put one of these type of things in a buisnesses computer allowing them to get the credit card details, passwords etc from it. I know not everyone would use it to con people but I would say the majority of people who would spend 50 quid on such a device would want to get their money back if you know what I mean ;), I couldnt see to many parents forking out that sort of money just to spy on their kids when there is easier ways to stop them looking at websites that you dont want them to.