PDA

View Full Version : bout1940

bout1940
17-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi all, this may seem a stupid question but hope somebody can help. I have a satellite Sagem DBOX2 which is in Debug mode. I purchased it on EBay, but I am not sure what neutrino imaqe is presently flashed on the box. Is there any way of telling what the present image is?? Also what is the best image to use at the present moment.

krazylegz
17-11-2007, 09:31 PM
your first post should've been here http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f8/ m8.

but welcome to the forum bud:)

need more info like is it a satellite or cable box?

bout1940
18-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi again, it is a satellite box and I think I have discovered the image using a crossover cable to talk to the box. I think it is a yWeb version 2.5.1. Is there something better that I could flash??

dx100-uk
18-11-2007, 10:24 PM
there is a sat image in the downloads section, but you will need a few posts to get access.
yweb is the interface program use to talk/control a dbox.
run that on the pc and look under settings.

pt1s helpfile is as relaevent to sat dboxes as cable ones.

TBH though its not worth playing with unless you can get onto the cardsharing nets

dx100uk

bout1940
18-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi again, thanks for the info. At least the yWeb mystery is cleared up. I will do as you suggest and at least find out what image is on the box at present. As far as satellite is concerned, is there any reason why one image should be any better than another?? In flashing a new image is there anything I need to do apart from flashing the new image, I have read something about Ucodes, but perhaps they are included in the new image.

krazylegz
19-11-2007, 10:56 AM
images have there own pro's and cons but mostly all are basicly the same.

some have newer ucodes,tuner drivers etc.

some have a better download server which you can down load emu's and keys when connected to the net and some are cosmeticly different with skins,splash screens etc and some have different plugins.

krazylegz
04-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi again lads, I now realise that 28.2 east does not offer much work for the Satellite DBOX2. I get the feeling that Eutelsat on 16 east is a much better option. Can anyone tell me if I am wrong on this and also what is the difference between a CAM and an EMU. I seem to be getting confused between the two terms. Thanks again.
answered on your other post m8;)