PDA

View Full Version : Modding Wii

romeospadre
16-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi, just purchase a wii and need it modding , is there a chip any one would recommend for the new wii and also any one out there that can mod it for me - i dont mind paying for it to be done

thankyou

notanotherone
17-11-2007, 07:55 AM
it all depends on your serial number anything above leh 134xxxxxxx will need d2ckey which is a 30 wire setup

romeospadre
17-11-2007, 10:44 PM
looks like i will need d2ckey , have seen a pic of ones of these fitted and it is above my skilz, any one out that fancy,s doing it for me ($$) if i provide the chip ??

thanks

KhanUK
17-11-2007, 11:06 PM
depending on where you live, theres a small games shop in london that fits/mods wiil, i think it costs ?25 just to fit them on, not sure, but let me know where you are in UK

cheers

romeospadre
18-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Im Based in ipswich, suffolk

thanks mate

ticticboom
18-11-2007, 03:00 AM
never mind modding a wii where the heck do u get one frm? santa if ur a member of wod u will know what 2 get me ;)

notanotherone
18-11-2007, 08:09 AM
depending on where you live, theres a small games shop in london that fits/mods wiil, i think it costs ?25 just to fit them on, not sure, but let me know where you are in UK
cheers
for this its a 30 wire connection and am sure most ppl are being charged 60 quid

never mind modding a wii where the heck do u get one frm? santa if ur a member of wod u will know what 2 get me ;)

there were selling them at toyr r us and also amazon (europe)

Shipoftheline
19-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I know bowlers (trafford park) was chipping them for ?30 and selling them pre-chipped for about a tenner less than the shop price

romeospadre
23-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I know bowlers (trafford park) was chipping them for ?30 and selling them pre-chipped for about a tenner less than the shop price

any one know of any where online that they have used - ( no jokers plaese )
that can mod my wii for me

theayatollah
24-11-2007, 08:53 AM
If you're looking for someone to chip your wii. I might know someone.

he installed mine and my mates abouts 5 months ago. Mine was the easy install but I very nearly knackered my wii trying it myself (solder linking lots of points...agh). He fixed it up and sent it back. been good as gold since.

I provided the chip (wiikey), had to pay postage both ways, and then money for him to install it. best money I spent though as did a really good job.

I did take the wii apart and send only the bit he needed (drive), but thats only a 5-10 min job if you have a tri-wing screw driver, a few other bits and the video kicking about on the net

He's pretty much always on msn, so I'll check he's still doing it and let ya know.
Regards.
Tom

notanotherone
24-11-2007, 10:33 AM
If you're looking for someone to chip your wii. I might know someone.
he installed mine and my mates abouts 5 months ago. Mine was the easy install but I very nearly knackered my wii trying it myself (solder linking lots of points...agh). He fixed it up and sent it back. been good as gold since.
I provided the chip (wiikey), had to pay postage both ways, and then money for him to install it. best money I spent though as did a really good job.
I did take the wii apart and send only the bit he needed (drive), but thats only a 5-10 min job if you have a tri-wing screw driver, a few other bits and the video kicking about on the net
He's pretty much always on msn, so I'll check he's still doing it and let ya know.
Regards.
Tom

good post m8 glad to see ppl helping out and also not just posting links and names ,nice to see co-operation between each person a lot of ppl would have just posted a link which may have been removed but youve took the time to personaly help ...well done

theayatollah
25-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Yep, he's ok'd me to give you his email / msn address.

It is quite expensive though as it's the 30 wire method, but you can discuss that with him.

I can definately recommend his work.

If you PM me, I'll give you his msn,

I'll also dig out how to disassemble it in case you need it.

Cheers.
Tom.

romeospadre
27-11-2007, 09:37 AM

My brother gots a Wii he is selling, he order them thinking only one would come off (BUT ENDED UP WITH BOTH), he got one spare if anyone interested - pm me with an offer ppl - BNIB with Wii sports games

thanks

notanotherone
27-11-2007, 10:01 AM
My brother gots a Wii he is selling, he order them thinking only one would come off (BUT ENDED UP WITH BOTH), he got one spare if anyone interested - pm me with an offer ppl - BNIB with Wii sports games
thanks
sorry mate this aint ebay you will have to say how much you want for it

Jango
01-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Hiya All,

Went to 'bowlers' today with my lads wii, they wanted ?100 at every stall as the wii is the new type, also they wanted to take the wii back to their shops and collect the next week. Same price and same deal at 3-4 different stalls.

notanotherone
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Hiya All,
Went to 'bowlers' today with my lads wii, they wanted ?100 at every stall as the wii is the new type, also they wanted to take the wii back to their shops and collect the next week. Same price and same deal at 3-4 different stalls.

this is because its a 30 wire set up seems a bit dear to me but suppose its suply and demand

Shipoftheline
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Hiya All,

That's bad, well it was a good deal till this new version came along

notanotherone
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
there is soon to be a new 13 wire connection rather than the 30 wires havnt got much more to say about it until i do some more reading but its getting there :berley:

foz2000
03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Could you send me a pm with where to get the wii modded? thanks

Jango
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Had my lads wii chipped last night (many thanks to Berley for recommending others who could have helped, although I went down my own route in the end). Basically found him on google with a chipping wii liverpool search, arranged and went to his house in the Manchester area last night, cost me ?100, but I had it done there and then. Anybody wants his details and I'll gladly pass them on. He seems to do all consoles (not PS3 yet though), think he will come out to you also.

Jango

enrmchan
11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
If you had just purchase your wii, then unfortunately you would have to use the D2Ckey (which is quite a task to solder all the wires)

nigel121
15-02-2008, 06:23 AM
there is not need to use the 30 wire chip anymore there are 15 wire chips about now, this guy here awsatellites (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. is due some in over the weekend here is a link to wiring diagram http://rambogames.com/d2cpro1.5.jpg the price of the 15 wire chips will be the same as he has advertised for the 30 on his site at the moment approx 30 pounds all i really need if u wanna give it a go is some bluetack and basic common sence the pins ur soldering to are spread out compared to previous chips which were right next to each other ive not done a wii chip myself but ive wired to similar chips before and safest way i found was to use thin wires and to tin the ends tin the iron and the place wire the right pin on the chip bluetack the wire so its held into place then just applying heat to the wire the only prob with this is u may occasionally get a dry joint but 99% of the time its fine also make sure u have everything secure because the joints will be fragile i would say this is an easy/medium diff project if u took your time and didnt overload with solder but it u do either of these it can become a major hassle im planning to get a wii just to give it a go i may also be doing a mates but i told him its at his own risk i would gladly offer anyone on here the same deal there are also places that offer a modding service avg price is bout 50 pound but i dont know if this is for the mod or includes the chip as well anyway hope this helped ya