PDA

View Full Version : The next generation Xbox

tinkertiler
16-11-2007, 05:42 AM
I got this info off Xbox scene and this is something else!!!

t's almost two years to the day since Microsoft launched the Xbox 360. So you would expect its successor to be well on its way towards fruition. But Microsoft has dropped only a few subtle hints about what form it could take, and hasn't provided any details.
The most significant statement so far has been about timeframe. Supposedly, the next generation Xbox will arrive next decade, possibly 2011 or 2012.

So here's the bottom line for the Xbox in 2011, based on current trends and what we know is happening over the next few years. Check back here in 2011 to see if we were right!
* CPU/GPU - Integrated chip with 16 x 5GHz processor cores, 32 x 2GHz graphics cores
* Memory - 8GB GDDR8
* Media - Dual-format HD-DVD/Blu-ray drive for backwards compatibility and movies
* Storage - 4TB hard disk for online game (and movie) delivery
* Built-in camera - for gesture-based control
* Built-in microphone - for voice-recognised control
[/QUOTE]

After Xbox 360: Microsoft's next console - Feature - Tech.co.uk (http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/features/after-xbox-360-microsofts-next-console?print=true&page=1)

Shipoftheline
16-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I can't believe that they'd have a confirmed spec at this early stage myself

tinkertiler
16-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I dont think that it is confirmed but that will be one hell of a machine. I wonder if they will have blue lights instead of red ones on this one!