PDA

View Full Version : installing the wii

Lainie
15-11-2007, 06:44 PM
i have attempted to install this today. the back of my tv in the living room is like spagetti junction with freeview box, dvd and video. just a quick question tho do i need to plug the wii into the scart socket in the tv every time i go to play it? or is there a way to set it up so i dont need to change scarts to play?

digitalman
15-11-2007, 08:49 PM
i have attempted to install this today. the back of my tv in the living room is like spagetti junction with freeview box, dvd and video. just a quick question tho do i need to plug the wii into the scart socket in the tv every time i go to play it? or is there a way to set it up so i dont need to change scarts to play?

its either putting the scart into the tv everytime you wanna play or try a scart splitter/switcher:

Find 3-WAY SWITCHED SCART SPLITTER BOX on eBay within, SCART Cables, Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 16-Nov-07 18:56:06 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-WAY-SWITCHED-SCART-SPLITTER-BOX_W0QQitemZ290179888956QQihZ019QQcategoryZ15067Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

this way all you need to do is just press the button on the scart box for the wii feed to come on the tv, and so forth for whatever you have in the other scart connections.

notanotherone
15-11-2007, 09:30 PM
in my case i have 3 scarts and one hdmi socket one is for the wii all the time (av-1)one for my dreambox(av-2) one for my surrond sound system(av-3) depending on which one i want so if its the wii as soon as i turn it on it comes on the screen and so on and so on but if your tv doesnt ahve enough scarts do as digitalman says

dx100-uk
17-11-2007, 02:28 AM
most tv's have 3 rca [phono]sockets hidden somewhere use them!

dx100uk