PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy

Celtic67
14-11-2007, 12:30 PM
As you probably know, it's got new protection and won't work on most chips as they're currently flashed. d2c modchips are apparently fine. Only backups are affected, the original will work. The new protection doesn't detect the chips, it detects backed up media.

If you have a commercial modchip, check the website for your chip to get an update.

If you've got an opensource modchip, there are solutions. I'll list here how I got mine working with a 12F629 that was flashed with WiiFree.

Stuff you should know:

* WiiFree doesn't have a fix yet
* OpenWii does
* OpenWii doesn't have the region free code, so any images from other regions need to be patched with RegionFrii
* OpenWii is specific to your modchip & your Wii chipset
* If you've got an external socket, check your chipset here: h**p://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_chipset_version
* I take no responsibility if you screw this up
* As the UK version isn't out, I'm assuming you have the US version
* Nintendo will probably use this protection again, so you're likely to need to fix it, even if you don't want to play SMG
* You'll need to do the Metroid Prime 3 trick, or you'll get double versions of certain channels

Installing SMG:

* Make sure your Wii firmware is up-to-date (3.1 is the latest, I think)
* Go to h**p://psx-scene.com/forums/439688-post187.html to get the hex for your modchip/chipset
* Flash a chip & install it
* Create 2 copies of the SMG iso
* Modify one with RegionFrii
* Modify the other with WiiBrickBlocker & RegionFrii
* Insert the RegionFrii version of SMG to the Wii
* It will say it's going to perform an update, let it start this
* When the update bar has reached around 10% to 15%, pull the Wii power
* Insert the BrickBlocker version of SMG and it should play fine

Lainie
14-11-2007, 09:31 PM
girl in works hubby works in game so i get a discount. a few of us at work going to get together and swap games etc. it was mentioned it happening on here but dont know if it was a goer or not.

y2krog2000
14-11-2007, 09:36 PM
it was mentioned it happening on here but dont know if it was a goer or not.
Yep im all for that, would save people being robbed blind trading in your old games for a pittance in the shops.

Celtic67
19-11-2007, 11:53 AM
yaosm also has a fix for this now. I think yaosm has the multi-region code, whereas OpenWii doesn't.

h**p://psx-scene.com/forums/yaosm/61191-yaosm-smg-beta-testing-nothing-else-please-its-working.html

To help anyone searching, an unfixed firmware will give the error: #001 unauthorized device has been detected.

notanotherone
23-11-2007, 04:58 AM
girl in works hubby works in game so i get a discount. a few of us at work going to get together and swap games etc. it was mentioned it happening on here but dont know if it was a goer or not.

Yep im all for that, would save people being robbed blind trading in your old games for a pittance in the shops.
yep lets get together and see who has what and we can share

Lainie
23-11-2007, 02:41 PM
mario galaxy arrived yesterday but not tried it yet.

berley
23-11-2007, 03:06 PM
sorry but can we keep this thread on topic with what the original poster started, perhaps start another one else where for the trading of legitimate games