PDA

View Full Version : would anyone trust this for your plasma or lcd screen

youngie
14-11-2007, 12:54 AM
hello all i have just brogut a 50" plazma and i am going tobe mounting this on the wall. i belive the wall is only 1 brick course. would you trust that or not. here is the bracket i have just got

Find A54 LCD PLASMA TILT BRACKETS MOUNTS 30" TO 70" 80KG on eBay within, Plasma LCD Mounts, TV Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 13-Nov-07 17:45:00 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280167655138&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018)

would you or would you not kind regards. i belive i will bolt it to

Diablo13
14-11-2007, 03:59 AM
You seem to have got that mounting at a good price youngie. They have even provided a fixing kit and they should know what they are doing. I am not a builder but the mounting is rated for up to 80kg and the way the horizontal bars are spaced and the length of the vertical bars means that the weight is distributed over a sizeable piece of wall. They are designed to push the weight against the wall I think rather than just hanging dead weight on the bolts, with the top pushing against the bottom bolts and vice versa? Someone correct me if I am Wrong? Most flat panel screens are mounted on internal walls so they have to take into account that the wall may be only 1 brick thick.
So long as it not going to hang on plasterboard or wood paneling and the bolts go properly into the brickwork, I don't see why you should have a problem.:-?

nj2006
14-11-2007, 09:52 AM
hello all i have just brogut a 50" plazma and i am going tobe mounting this on the wall. i belive the wall is only 1 brick course. would you trust that or not. here is the bracket i have just got
Find A54 LCD PLASMA TILT BRACKETS MOUNTS 30" TO 70" 80KG on eBay within, Plasma LCD Mounts, TV Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 13-Nov-07 17:45:00 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280167655138&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018)

i use simlaR BRACKET FOR MY 37" its still on the wall ok :)

they do look like they aint gonna hold a picture frame when you get em outta the box but my tv aint fallen off lol

god havent they come down in price i payed ?120 for mine

pande_monium
19-11-2007, 07:59 PM

One really good way to verify if its going to stay up is to play "I'm an apple hanging from the tree" with the brackets.

That'll ensure that that the 30-40kg of the tv will stick on the wall ok.

Hitman
19-11-2007, 11:38 PM
As long as the wall is in good solid condition you should be ok.
If the wall is built from breeze blocks, make sure you use suitable fixings....maybe add a couple extra if possible.

youngie
20-11-2007, 12:21 AM
well ok all. i have fitted it now. tv is on the wall at the moment lol. i got 6 bolts. with wall plugs 2. would it hurt it. if i put more bolts in or not. the reason i ask is the 2 ends. with out bolts look like they need the strengh. or is that me biging silly. kind regards youngie

robt562003
20-11-2007, 03:31 PM
think it will be fine , but if it helps you sleep at night ,I would add the extra ones

robsdesk
13-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I virtually swung on mine before I put the LCD up, I binned the bolts supplied & got some from B&Q which have a metal sleave which expands as you tighten it.

kredda
14-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I virtually swung on mine before I put the LCD up, I binned the bolts supplied & got some from B&Q which have a metal sleave which expands as you tighten it.
my brother did this with he's, and we both hung off it to make sure, its going nowere.

Dodgy
14-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I would do the same - I'd cry if my LCD fell on the floor!
Get some advice from B&Q about wall plugs and bolts if you're still unsure imo =)