PDA

View Full Version : Pc Clean Up

noodles0800
25-06-2006, 11:50 AM
If you need to tidy your pc up and get rid of evidence of modifying boxes or reprogramming cards or anything else for that matter then run these progarmmes....to totally erase data from your hard drives it necessary for clean up to be run several times i believe.... first clean up then reg clean.... enjoy

bricker
09-07-2006, 09:05 PM
this will com in handy thank u noodles

Declan
13-08-2006, 03:43 PM
indeed , thanks,

i just save files to upstairs pc restart laptop and restore it to factory settings then send them through msn and it takes all of half an hour

BigGLaw
16-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Worked a treat Noods, Cheers man.

G

thebighippo
16-08-2006, 10:50 AM
@Declan - even a re-format and re-install of the opSys does not remove all trace of unwanted files. The guys buying cheap 2nd hand PCs in Nigeria are recovering details from deleted files for fraudulent purposes.
The only way to ensure a disk is wiped is to run a utility that writes random patterns to every sector of the disk multiple times.
I have not looked at cleanup to see if it does this or not.

shenu
17-08-2006, 07:28 AM
there is software called evidence eliminator which does the work

callisto11
17-08-2006, 10:08 AM
BigHippos post and Shenus post are two slightly different things.

Shenus is saying that Evidence Eliminator will clean away all evidence of surfing etc. But actually the data will still be on the disk surface somewhere. It will just have been cleared out from the MFT and file system

BigHippos is correctly saying that the only way to remove the data for sure is to overwrite it with random data, and not only that it really needs to be done a number of time. I thing the US Govt's spec is that it needs to be done some 35 time to be totally unrecoverable...

This is a quote from : SafeIT File Shredding - Files and folders eraser (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. shredding technology used in this product suite supports both The Department of Defence (DoD) shredding algorithm, using 7 rounds of overwriting, as well as the established "Gutman" algorithm with its 35 rounds of overwriting. "

So it depends on how safe you wanna be.

amerj3103
18-08-2006, 07:15 PM
there is also a program called evidence eliminator if anyone wishes to try it.

Freeviewer
14-11-2006, 02:01 AM
I would go for a program called CCleaner highly recommended it runs at start up and it also fixes registry faults.

boabness
14-11-2006, 02:18 AM
window washer will do this 2 m8 and it will do all your every day cleaning 2 on you pc.
any time your delete a file dont put it in the bin window wash it lol just right click wit u want to delete and off u go .
a sound like a rep for them lol got it fae a torrent :-$

shenu
19-11-2006, 01:59 AM
destroy the hard drive if it is very important