PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 4 kicks all FPS games into touch!

tinkertiler
08-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Call Of Duty 4 has to be one of the best games i have ever played. (well first person shooter that is! driving games win above all else!) This is what EA should have done with Battlefield 2 it is just awesome there are no other words for it. The controls are spot on, the single player gameplay is great(cannot comment on multiplayer because not playing it on LIVE till friday!) and the graphics are just brilliant apart from the water that is which looks ok but nothing special like far cry did! Halo has lost the battle now in my book Call Of Duty 4 rules the FPS class by a long way now.

Im not putting any spoilers in it but the story doesnt go the way you think it will and there is one part of the story when you are in a plane playing with laser guided bombs aand its great when you see people flying in the air!

All in all the job that they have done is great im not sure what the hardcore gamers are going to make of it but this is one to get and add to your collection.

Next on my hitlist is the F.E.A.R files until Need For Speed Pro Street comes along, already completed PGR4 which is the best game for the 360! (Racing one that is) :car:

Shipoftheline
08-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Getting that next but in the process of getting Jericho now

tinkertiler
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Getting that next but in the process of getting Jericho now

You wont be disappointed mate its the game to have trust me. :machinegun:

Shipoftheline
10-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Well I tried Jericho and it's not for me because I don't like dark games so I await COD4

stickywicket
10-11-2007, 01:17 AM
have to agree, this game is amazing, hammered it first time the day i got it, stuck it on veteran mode and hammered it again, next on the list was the few achievements id missed, addictive isnt the word. so to anyone who hasnt got this game an like FPS get it it will blow you away. i struggled to find a fault with it other than it was too short but i suppose thats what comes with cramming that much detail into a game.

Declan
10-11-2007, 05:42 PM
You wont be disappointed mate its the game to have trust me. :machinegun:

i am thinking about buying this for the pc, i have a very able computer to play it on but would you recommend it for the pc, i dont have an xbox360 so pc is the only way i can really play it.

tinkertiler
11-11-2007, 12:16 AM
If the pc version is half as good as the 360 version then it will be great. I have heard that the pc version is as good as the 360 version from a few sources so you should be ok mat i would go for it as it is one cool game and everyone should be made to play it i think it should be made into a law! Its awesome even though im crap at it and every time i go online i get my a$$ kicked! :fence:

Shipoftheline
13-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Well you weren't wrong tinkertiler I've just come off the game and it really does kick arse. The gameplay is first class and the realism is astounding :)

tinkertiler
13-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Well you weren't wrong tinkertiler I've just come off the game and it really does kick arse. The gameplay is first class and the realism is astounding :)

The best mission is the bombing mission its great watching bodies flying about!!

Shipoftheline
14-11-2007, 09:05 AM
The best mission is the bombing mission its great watching bodies flying about!!

Well I finished the sniper mission yesterday and will carry on later :)

Shipoftheline
15-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Well finished it yesterday and although I really enjoyed it the single player mission is a little short but it is the kind of game you'd want to play again straight away plus I'll be trying out the Arcade part :)

stickywicket
16-11-2007, 02:26 AM
if you can get on live Ship its a whole new dimension, the game is so popular its crashed the servers twice. online play takes it to a whole new level. hands down the best game ive ever played.

Shipoftheline
16-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I was trying to get below 20 seconds on the ship level but could only manage 25 (my son got 21) and was amazed to find someone had got 15 seconds on Live

tinkertiler
16-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I wonder if any of the cheats help? I havent looked into it the best i did was about 22 i think

Shipoftheline
16-11-2007, 09:15 PM
It states cheats can be enabled but nothing would rank on Live with them enabled