PDA

View Full Version : Vista activation

bats
06-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi all, I've just put vista premium oem (real copy) on my pc, but I haven't activated it yet (1 day to go) as I wanted to try it first, it seems ok, but I want to build a new pc next year and use this copy, will that be a problem? should I go ahead and activate it, I'm sure I read about a hack for activation.

many thanks to all you pc experts

bats

nj2006
06-11-2007, 07:29 AM
actavating it is best option other than a hack. you can always reinstall it on the new pc and you might have to ring microsoft the 2nd time but i always say ive done a reinstal cause of viruses they seem ok with it

Sicilian
06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi all, I've just put vista premium oem (real copy) on my pc, but I haven't activated it yet (1 day to go) as I wanted to try it first, it seems ok, but I want to build a new pc next year and use this copy, will that be a problem? should I go ahead and activate it, I'm sure I read about a hack for activation.
many thanks to all you pc experts
bats

You could have problems as it will be a new mobo etc.. I you had a full retail copy, you could re-install on a new pc. Personally i'd use crack if you intend to build a new pc, then register it on new pc.

y2krog2000
06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I would do as Sicilian said to, I have heard that you will only be able to install oem versions of Vista on 1 computer and it will know if its on another computer, I have a proper vista premium oem on my laptop and couldnt even activate a different premium oem cd with my key as it was a different build.