PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 sells more games than rivals

Shipoftheline
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
WHEN it comes to buying games for consoles, it appears that Xbox 360 users have the biggest collections.

According to Tech.co.uk, Microsoft sells more games per Xbox 360 sold than its rivals.

Xbox 360 gamers own, on average, seven games. PS3 owners have four. Wii owners have half a game less on average and since the box ships with two that means that every second owner has bought another game.

The research has come from NPD. Some of it is fairly obvious. The PS3 has not really been around that long for a gamers to build up their libraries, where as the Xbox 360 has.

However the Wii is an oddity. It seems that it might have shipped with its best game, Wii Sports. The next most popular game Wii Play is often only bought because punters get an extra Wiimote so that they can play Wii Sports with their special friend.

Xbox 360 sells more games than rivals - The INQUIRER (http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/02/xbox-360-sells-games-rivals)

tinkertiler
02-11-2007, 06:36 PM
It just goes to show you that the 360 has more game playability that the others even though one of them has a daft controller that everyone thinks is great, that novelty wont last forever and when they start to look at the tv properly then they will realize that the graphics are ps2 standard which is pants! The PS3 is just too expensive for games ect and the console is just too expensive for what it is yes it is a cheap blue ray player but i want a games console not a blue ray player. The 360 in my opinion is great on every level. The controller feels good, the games are good, the playback of hd films via wmv is amazing and th hd-dvd and blue ray as far as i am concerned can go take a running jump! WMV is crystal clear picture for me. Oh and the its easily modded and the games are easy to get hold of. And the big one for me LIVE. That adds a edge that no other console can add and befor anyone says it the other consoles are crap and they should be free i dont pay for my games so i aint that fussed about paying ?40 for the years subscription. LIVE rocks!!!

Shipoftheline
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Now if they gave Live for free (Although games would still pay for it) that would kill any competition

y2krog2000
02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
The reason why they sell more is because they are cheaper then the PS3 so more people will have the XBOX and therefore buy games for it, I just bought one today because it was good value but if the PS3 would have been around the same price I would have had that instead.

stickywicket
02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
there are alternatives to LIVE which are free XBC for one, not as good as the real deal but a viable alternative especially for those who were banned.

nice to see you came to your senses Y2K, youll not be disappointed, look forward to your "this console is the dogz nutz" in the near future lol

tinkertiler
02-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I managed to get a Xbox 360 core system from cash converters for ?80!!!!!!! I got it modded it and it is now playing games on LIVE no problem going to give it to my dad for playing HD movies on i.e. WMVs which look amazing on the 360 as good as any HD-DVD player i cannot say anything about Blue-Ray because i have not looked into it but if i can get a HD film on a dvd-r and it looks that good i dont care about HD-DVD or Blue-Ray they are over hyped and over priced i will wait till my local supermarket gets the cheapy versions in next year but till then the 360 will do fine.!

Shipoftheline
03-11-2007, 11:52 AM
The reason why they sell more is because they are cheaper then the PS3 so more people will have the XBOX and therefore buy games for it, I just bought one today because it was good value but if the PS3 would have been around the same price I would have had that instead.

Ignoring the fact that the 360 has more games out for it too which is a major factor to many when folking out money & welcome to the light side ;)

Ps get Bioshock and GOW

y2krog2000
03-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Ignoring the fact that the 360 has more games out for it too which is a major factor to many when folking out money & welcome to the light side ;)

Ps get Bioshock and GOW
Aye it has more games but has been out since 2005, the games I have played so far look good had a game of project gotham 4 online against a mate last night with the stearing wheel and it was a good laugh, had picked bioshock as the other free game but changed it to PG4 to go with the wheel.