PDA

View Full Version : sony ericsson 850i probs

berley
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
every so often my screensaver disappears and i get a red x in its place

when this happens my camera album shows as having no files and my ringtone defaults to a sony ericsson one

when i restart the phone all is well, ie piccies files etc are all back

does anyone know why this is happening ?

wullboy
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
every so often my screensaver disappears and i get a red x in its place
when this happens my camera album shows as having no files and my ringtone defaults to a sony ericsson one
when i restart the phone all is well, ie piccies files etc are all back
does anyone know why this is happening ?
Yes berley i have the same problem, i`ve already had it in to get fixed, but a month later it is doing the same thing, i`m now waiting on a return`s box come through the post, so as to send it back and get a replacement,,,,,

berley
01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
how often was this happening with you and did it steadily get worse

the reason for asking is mine isn't under warranty and it happens maybe once a week, its annoying enough as it is, just hope it doesnt get steadily worse

wullboy
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
how often was this happening with you and did it steadily get worse
the reason for asking is mine isn't under warranty and it happens maybe once a week, its annoying enough as it is, just hope it doesnt get steadily worse
No berley mine`s is about one`s every month, and i think you should ask for a exchange, the thing is berley this seems to be a software problem, and if you get a exchange who`s to say you will not have a problem with the next one, My sister also has a 850i, but she is having different problems, and i do believe it`s still software probs she`s having, so there is an issuse with these phones, but they will never ever let on, that`s for sure ??

berley
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
ok thanks for the reply, but as i said its not under warranty, i'll try giving sony ericsson a call then and see how i get on going down that route, i'll google first and hit them with all the info i have if its a well known problem

Pebblo
12-11-2007, 02:55 AM
ok thanks for the reply, but as i said its not under warranty, i'll try giving sony ericsson a call then and see how i get on going down that route, i'll google first and hit them with all the info i have if its a well known problem

You still having problems with this?

As your out of warrenty, you could try reflashing the firmware, or updating it even.

Let me know an I'll talk you through it if need be.

Pebblo

berley
12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
funnily enough its not done it since i last posted

should it happen again, i will give you a shout and you can let me know what to do

or

just in case anyone else is having the same problems and you fancy doing some typing, feel free to do an idiots guide for me

ive already been into the updates and checked that i have all the latest updates

y2krog2000
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I bought a sony erricsson phone about 6 months ago and it says in the wee book that you get a 2 year manufacturers warranty with the phone, its a different model from yours but just thought I would let you know because most warrantys only last 1 year.

aky007
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
hi m8 i had the same problem with my w850i and the red x instead ov the pic
i took my memory c ard out and replaced it and it worked fine

berley
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
thanks aky, i'll swap mine with the hubbys then and see if that makes any difference, his is a new one and as yet he hasn't added anything to it, so i'll clear mine and he wont notice

kredda
14-04-2008, 07:09 PM
ive been having the same problem, had it back to the shop twice...third time lucky im thinking.