PDA

View Full Version : ambit 120

paddy
20-05-2006, 02:23 PM
hi all just wandering if i can do anything with n*l 120 modem any help greatly accepted

freddo270
20-05-2006, 05:29 PM
yeah, hold on to it for now! i believe heji (who got sigma working on the 200's) is now working on the 120's and may be able to get sigma, fibreware or hackware working on them.

paddy
21-05-2006, 03:46 AM
freddo thanks for reply m8 ill hold on to it then cheers

PureBluez
21-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi chaps..i have a few 120`s and 200`s here..but i dont know how to clone them...can anybody help me out as to what i need to do this..many thanks..

Super_LFC
25-05-2006, 04:49 PM
hi all just wandering if i can do anything with n*l 120 modem any help greatly accepted

bin it and buy a SB4100 for £20 with free P+P of fle bay great buy

rowl3y
14-06-2006, 07:38 AM
or buy a sb5100i all read upgrade from me lol

Crayz
14-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey guys i have a ambit 120 modem and after reading this post i have decided to get a SB4100i already unlocked off flebay.
I am very new to this but was wondering if any one could clear it up for me what i would have to do to get 10meg on that particular modem i read on the description that all you need is NETBOOT and a different mac address so i downloaded NETBOOT and CMSniff and sniffed for macs for a while and found some config files which were ccmreg-ntlhm100-light.cm or 120 instead ot 100 then light or mid so i guess they are the 1meg and 4meg mac addresses didnt find any highs. So all i would have to do is get the modem then run NETBOOT and change the mac address to one which i had sniffed reboot the modem and i would be done? or would i have to change the config file also, ? is it traceable and what would n*l do if they caught you?

*edited for typos*

Thanks for any replies.

ldavey
15-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Well i have just brought a Surfboard 4200e which is apparantly already hacked ...... all i need to do is put my own mac into this, i am not interested in getting 10meg etc ... im happy using my own mac that is already registered to me, but how do i put it into this device :| ........ i have not a clue ?

I think i read somthing b4 the forums was reset that i can use telnet or somthing ..

ex cable and wireless...

help anyone on doing this little task please ?

Crayz
15-06-2006, 07:22 PM
I belive you were looking for this post mate.
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/trading-wants-buy-sell/59-mac-addys.html
The second post is how to change a mac through the command prompt.

ldavey
15-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi m8 thanks for the reply ... if it had been a few seconds earlier it would have been great help but i managed to find this out on another site which i shall keep nameless incase the mods don't like advertising, all running sweet :D .... but thanks alot i appreciate the reply and now others will have an easier time finding out what to do.

One thing they might like to add to that post is that the modem needs to be connected to the Coaxial or you will never get the blank screen when trying to telnet ...

Think i will go back to telent and change my s/n too just to make it look more like my original modem...

again thanks, this will help more people find the answer quickly

Crayz
16-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Was no problem at all mate:) , have you tried to enter a different mac address to just to see if you can get a faster speed or just sticking with that one from your old modem? i am thinking of purchasing one of these modems my self and was wondering if just entering a different mac would work or if you would need to do anything else.

ldavey
16-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I am going to stick with my original mac thats registered with me, when my area is upgraded i will be running at 4 meg which is quick enough for me ... i would love to thief the extra speed but i will always be too paranoid to do it.

Putting another mac in should work, but the mac you use needs to be registered atleast 6 miles away iirc .... i am not all that clued up on this stuff, my brother lives about 6 miles away from me and has NTL, hes nagging me to try hes mac for a few mins and see if it works just out of curiosity ... i might do it at some point ...

jimbohoho
22-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi.

Am I right in thinking that someone has got this modded firmware available for the ambit 200s?

Where can I get it from, and how hard would it be to dig into the source and mod it for the 120?

Cheers