PDA

View Full Version : Movieplayer solution

renwich
25-10-2007, 01:54 PM
While looking for a good Movieplayer solution I came across this , works well for me , now I can play my AVI's to my Dreamno problem

I've been playing with my Dreambox DM-7025 and found a simple and elegant way to play any kind of movie (like mp4 and avi files) from my PC on my TV! And the quality is amazing!!

First do the following on the PC:

1. Make a shared directory 'DreamShare'
(e.g. to 'D:\MyVideos\DreamShare')

2. Install the VideoLAN 'VLC mediaplayer' (version 0.8.6)
Download it here: VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS! (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 3. Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):

"%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acode c=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}

:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="D:\MyVideos\DreamShare\stream.ts
"}}

4. Drag and drop some playable video file (e.g. 'myvideo.avi') on this bat-file!!!

VLC mediaplayer should start now and start encoding the file 'stream.ts' in the shared directory. It may take some time to encode but as long as it encodes fast enough you can play it immediately!

On the DM-7025 do the following:

1. Use the 'Automount editor' in the Gemini blue-panel and mount the shared directory:
quote:
Mountpoint : DreamShare
Type : cifs
Options : ro,nolock
Server : <ip-address-of-your-pc> (e.g. 192.168.123.151)
Share : /DreamShare

After making the mount, check if it is created by checking the 'media player'. You could play stream.ts from here, but I decided the movie player is easier to use.

2. To use the movie player do the following:
If the file 'stream.ts' exists in the share directory exists start a telnet session to your dreambox and type:
quote:
cd /hdd/movie
ln /automount/DreamShare/stream.ts stream.ts

If all went well, open the 'Movie list' on your DM-7025 and scroll to the bottom. There you find '/hdd/movie/stream.ts'!! smile
You can play this like any movie. So stop it and continue later at the same time etc. cool

So next time you want to view a file from your PC on your Dreambox just drag the file on the 'makestream.bat' and immediately you can start playing '/hdd/movie/stream.ts' like any recorded movie!

Cheers.

---
ps. VideoLAN is an incredibly powerfull tool!! I even managed to stream live internet streams to my dreambox this way!

renwich
25-10-2007, 02:31 PM
The other cool thing about using this , is you end up with a converted TS file to use again.....:drink4:

pockets123
27-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a 7020s and am trying to follow your instructions but I am unsure about the 3rd part (Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):

Code:
"%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acode c=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}
"}}
exactly what do I have to do as I am no computer expert please.Thanx in advance.

pande_monium
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I have a 7020s and am trying to follow your instructions but I am unsure about the 3rd part (Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):

Code:
"}}
exactly what do I have to do as I am no computer expert please.Thanx in advance.

1. Right click on your desktop, New, Text File
2. Name that file "makestream.bat"
3. Open this file in notepad
4. Copy this command and paste it in the file
5. Save & exit.

Hope that helps.

westkill
28-08-2008, 01:01 AM
nice one i will try this tommorow :)

DavC
28-08-2008, 07:33 AM
i've been using vlc to play avi's on my dbox for a while now, but never thought of having it save to a TS file. I suppose this is the best option if you watch your films lots and have lots of harddrive space.