PDA

View Full Version : Wii bubble set to burst

Shipoftheline
23-10-2007, 10:11 AM
THE surprise success of Nintendo's Wii just might be a flash in the pan.

According to the Nikkei magazine, although many Japanese homes have a Wii, they hardly get any use.

One developer quoted in the article said that people had a Wii out of curiosity and have not needed to use it since.

Many companies who rushed to support the console are finding that their support has not translated into sales.

It seems that only Nintendo, who had more time to plan its Wii titles, is the only outfit benefiting from the Wii's success.

Sales of the console fell in September which suggests that the Wii bubble is starting to burst. Although it as tech.co.uk points out in its translation of the Nikkei story it is jolly risky predicting Nintendo's demise on anything.

Wii bubble set to burst - The INQUIRER (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Have to say I always suspected this would happen because the Wii is nothing more than a souped up Gamecube with a fancy controller. Now people do seem to be getting bored of the controller and have come to realise yep they have a gamecube.........

Thommohawk
23-10-2007, 10:14 AM
yep i was the same i bought it after the hype, i had the ps3 and that was crap so i traded it in for the wii and got myself some cash aswell,

played it a few times and now its sat by the tv exactly in the same place the ps3 was sat, not getting any use at all,

same with my brother, thats why we are both selling ours,

xbox 360 is still the king of consoles for me, even if it is a m$ product.

y2krog2000
23-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Well the price of the wii is supposed to be going up before christmas because there is to much demand for them (again), mabey it is a souped up gamecube but im sure nintendo have made more money from the wii than MS and Sony made on their consoles I could only see the 360 or PS3's price dropping as the both of them are dropping prices all the time to try and take customers away from each other.

Shipoftheline
23-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Well the price of the wii is supposed to be going up before christmas because there is to much demand for them (again), mabey it is a souped up gamecube but im sure nintendo have made more money from the wii than MS and Sony made on their consoles I could only see the 360 or PS3's price dropping as the both of them are dropping prices all the time to try and take customers away from each other.

I'd put money on it because their's hardly any difference to that then a Gamecube apart from the Wii Remote. The problem you have though is the remote wont keep you enticed forever but realistic gaming will

y2krog2000
23-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Yep was a brilliant idea by nintendo to invent idea of playing games the way you do on the wii and as you said they didnt need to do much but still made loads of money, im sure a someone will bring out a console like the wii but with better games like you get on the 360 and PS3.

berley
23-10-2007, 04:57 PM
The problem you have though is the remote wont keep you enticed forever but realistic gaming will

thats just your opinion tho, tbh its the wii remote that does it for me, then again im not a big console person that sits for hours on end playing games, loads of people inlcluding myself bought a wii for the novelty factor of its remote, so that alone will keep it selling

its a brilliant laugh when your having a party and loads of peeps are trying out all the moves, any other game console just doesn't seem to have the same effect when your partying

Shipoftheline
23-10-2007, 05:14 PM
thats just your opinion tho, tbh its the wii remote that does it for me

You are correct berley it's my opinion but you've just agreed with it

y2krog2000
23-10-2007, 05:20 PM
People play consoles to have fun and it looks more fun to play a wii, did you get sick of playing Resident Evil on your gamecube ShipOfTheLine? if not then why would people getting sick of playing other games on the souped up gamecube with a better controler??

berley
23-10-2007, 05:21 PM
The problem you have though is the remote wont keep you enticed forever but realistic gaming will

sorry but ive not, what im saying is quite the opposite as the wii remote will keep me and no doubt loads of people enticed, im not interested in realistic gaming, only the fun factor and the wii does it for me

Shipoftheline
23-10-2007, 05:24 PM
People play consoles to have fun and it looks more fun to play a wii, did you get sick of playing Resident Evil on your gamecube ShipOfTheLine? if not then why would people getting sick of playing other games on the souped up gamecube with a better controler??

I agree that people play to have fun and thats what it's all about but like I've said my opinion is the wii just has a remote going for it. I've finished that Resident Evil 4 about 4 times now and will be keeping it to play again with resident evil 0 & 1 but thats the only reason I got the GC and didn't bother with anything else. I think the Wii has a different market to the 360/ps3 but as we are starting to see now it's starting to slow down.......

berley
23-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree that people play to have fun and thats what it's all about

aww at least we all agree on something for once - happy gaming peeps, whatever console you choose to play ;)

y2krog2000
23-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the Wii has a different market to the 360/ps3 but as we are starting to see now it's starting to slow down.......

Monday, October 01, 2007 09:49
Recommend article:Redmond (WA) - Reginald Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo's North American division, recently said that Wii production will not be able to meet consumer demand this holiday season, for the second year in a row.

In an interview with the San Jose Mercury News, Fils-Aime said the Wii is still seeing problems meeting production demands. He was quoted as saying, "We're working very hard to make sure that consumers are satisfied this holiday, but I can't guarantee that we're going to meet demand. As a matter of fact, I can tell you on the record that we won't."

Stores across the country still do not have Wii consoles sitting on the shelves, and have not had stable supply at all since the console first went on sale in mid-November last year.

That quote is from some place in America and I read in the paper last week that argos etc will probably be putting up the prices of the wii before christmas to because they dont have enough for people, is this that slow down you are talking about because if they wont have enough wii's for people I would hardley call it a slow down!!!

Shipoftheline
23-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone will agree or should to disagree with things but I see the wii as something that has to offer a fancy remote and nothing else and if I'm wrong time will tell

billy8791
23-10-2007, 11:20 PM
i have had a wii from more or less launch day and i must say the best game on it so far (for me anyway)has to be medal of honour vanguard. the gameplay is awesome and the only thing it hasn't got is online play. but apart from that i give the game and wii console 9/10 bring it on nintendo get your finger out and get some more games like this made......

Diablo13
24-10-2007, 04:02 AM
The government has a renewed interest in fat kids lately, so maybe they should sponsor Nintendo or give discount coupons to buy the WII for fat kids? Part of the problem with us all getting obese is sitting in front of a screen for hours on end to get our entertainment. From what I've seen the WII controller makes you get off your bum and move about a lot to play, so it should be excellent for promoting indoor excercise while still having fun. :wink:
Must admit used to like the Zelda series on Nintendo consoles, but the idea of jumping around like a loon brings me over all queasy! :sumo:

Lainie
24-10-2007, 09:42 PM
well i want a wii. they look great fun and looking forward to a lot of laughs on xmas day

Diablo13
25-10-2007, 01:28 AM
well i want a wii. they look great fun and looking forward to a lot of laughs on xmas day

:rofl: @ Lainie, you not getting any booze in then? Few Vodis and a WII, what A combination. You'll be :puke: I warn you!! ;)