PDA

View Full Version : Channel 12 - Dave

jassian
19-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I can't sus it out - what is channel Dave. It seems to have some BBC programmes on it (e.g. Little Britain) but also has ads. Anyone know what sort of hybrid this is or any details on it?

nj2006
19-10-2007, 10:48 PM
dave is uktv g2 just a rebrand from virgin. they say the name comes from the fact that everyone has a m8 called dave.

commedy and factual program channel

relanched 15 oct .

Hunter
19-10-2007, 10:50 PM
and if your realy unlucky like me you get DAVE+1 :roflmao:

Shipoftheline
20-10-2007, 09:59 AM
So whats the bets on a Jane starting soon lol

Diablo13
20-10-2007, 03:27 PM
So whats the bets on a Jane starting soon lol

Sorry to disappoint you Ship but there will be no Jane because she's not a Virgin! :9:

KhanUK
25-11-2007, 04:21 AM
I can't sus it out - what is channel Dave. It seems to have some BBC programmes on it (e.g. Little Britain) but also has ads. Anyone know what sort of hybrid this is or any details on it?

Dave replaces UKTV Bright Ideas on Freeview
Dave is crammed with the very best in quirky quiz shows, cult comedies and cutting-edge entertainment. From the full-throttle fun of Top Gear to the worldly wisecracks of QI and the pointed barbs of Have I Got News For You - it's like we left the witty tap running and forgot to turn it off.

some of the progs they show

A Question Of Sport| Car Duels| Little Britain| Never Mind The Buzzcocks| QI| Ray Mears? Extreme Survival| Street Cred Sudoku| The Fast Show| The Catherine Tate Show| The Mighty Boosh| They Think It?s All Over| Top Gear| Totally Viral| Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps

hope that helps m8

IrishGiant
30-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Does anyone know what happened to ABC1 :(

jassian
01-12-2007, 03:02 AM
ABC1 was pulled by Disney a few weeks ago, with only running 6am-6pm they never got a primetime audience and so ratings (read as advertising revenue) suffered.

I have to say mornings are not the same any more!

jshaw82
15-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Dave should be going widescreen in January!! 16:9 yay

andymunro
18-12-2007, 10:54 PM
abc was brilliant at the weekends, great to do channel hopping with so you never saw a set of adverts.

im getting sick of seeing the same top gears all the time now but i am liking dave for some good comedies, red dwarf for one

thedoon
19-12-2007, 12:36 PM
are dave u say well every time i look at it its got Top Gear Top Gear Top Gear Top Gear and more bleedin Top Gear .so sorry ur got the name wrong its Top Gear .well in this house anyway

Diablo13
19-12-2007, 06:22 PM
are dave u say well every time i look at it its got Top Gear Top Gear Top Gear Top Gear and more bleedin Top Gear .so sorry ur got the name wrong its Top Gear .well in this house anyway
Sorry thedoon but your off topic here. This has nothing to do with recreational drug use! :oops: :high: What am I thinking of. :))
Well at least if I want some "Top Gear" I will know to ask Dave. :-$

withywood
12-01-2008, 05:10 PM
lots of repeats

heady
26-01-2008, 01:17 AM
ABC was good when it first started, but all too quickly they started repeating the same episodes over again and again.

This appears to be the problem that Dave has quickly hit upon with programmes like Top Gear. I must have seen the Veyron race against James' plane about 20 times now.

Heady-

Shipoftheline
26-01-2008, 12:19 PM
It seems to have some BBC programmes on it

It basically is a BBC channel(BBC World) so it's nice to know the BBC can go commercial if they like instead of fleecing ?135.50 a year and rising from people now for the BBC TV Licence ;)

wiiman
26-01-2008, 01:07 PM
this channel is one of the most watched channels in our house, i like top gear (but as someone already stated in here, i am getting a little tired of the same ones being on all the while), the elder kids love watching who's line is it anyway, and me and the missus like to watch buzzcocks.

Diablo13
29-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Didn't it used to be "Only Fools and Horses" and "Keeping up Appearances" that were done to death on UK Gold? No matter how good a program is you can only watch it so many times before you know the scripts better than the actors do! X-(
Cheer up I reckon you only have about another year of Dave running the current loop of programs till they find something else they can show at no cost to themselves.
I suppose it could be worse I think Sky One started out with never ending showings of "I Love Lucy" and "I Dream of Jeanie", both of which were John Logie Baird's demo tapes! :wink:

Lainie
29-01-2008, 04:04 AM
i found it by accident but dont think i will be watching much. wish they would put a decent music channel on freevies.

heady
05-02-2008, 06:52 AM
I enjoy dave, but I wish someone would launch something like the old Play UK channel that used to be around in the OnDigital days, with it's mixture of Comedy and Music. I used to watch it all the time, but it was removed (oddly enough I think it was removed on Sky to make room for UKTV G2, which later became Dave)

Heady-

Shipoftheline
05-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Sorry to disappoint you Ship but there will be no Jane because she's not a Virgin! :9:

Seems they must have read my mind because channel Jane could be coming very soon

Broadcasting - News - UKTV Gold 'could be rebranded' - Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a84151/uktv-gold-could-be-rebranded.html)