PDA

View Full Version : x360 firmware hack (samsung drives only at the moment)

gazc156
20-05-2006, 02:11 PM
TS-H943 DVD Firmware Hack for Xbox 360 Out in the Wild
>> Commodore4Eva, who already released a working modified Xbox1 DVD firmware some weeks ago, now released a firmware for the Xbox 360. The release has already been tested by SniperKilla and Arakon and seems to be working fine.

The modified DVD firmware has been released for the Toshiba-Samsung H943 Xbox 360 DVD drive. Just like Commodore4Eva's modified Xbox1 FW, it will need raw/unmodified dumps (of same region as your console if game is region locked), some patching (security sector on ISO and DVD drive key on firmware), DVD+DL (yes double layers!) recordable discs and a DVD burner that allows to put DVD+R DL booktype to DVDRom to work. This release comes with tools to make this all as easy as possible. Also included is a 2nd firmware that will allow you to extract the security sector (what you have to patch on the raw ISO) from an original discs with your TS-H943 drive connected to a PC.
Of course ... try all this at own risk. Your warranty will be broken, it's certainly possible to break your Xbox 360 if you don't know what you are doing. Chances are also high MS will very fast find a method to detect this firmware via LIVE.
From the readme/xboxhacker.net:
[QUOTE]
Xtreme firmware for TS-H943 Xbox 360

Here it is, the long awaited World first Xbox 360 backup firmware modification to boot all game backups!

Features
* Boots all Xtreme Xbox 360 backups
* Boots all Xtreme Xbox 1 backups
* Boots all Xbox 360 originals
* Boots all Xbox 1 originals on Xbox 360
* Xtreme0800 extraction firmware enables drive to function natively under Windows without any hardware conversion/adaptors
* Use on Xbox Live at own risk

Technical details
* Reads Xbox 360 security sector from PSN 04FB1F (Layer 0)
* Reads Xbox 1 security sector from PSN 605FF (Layer 0)
* Security sector must be extrated using Xtreme0800 360 firmware for Xbox360 games and Xbox 1 games
* Will not boot Xbox 1 backups made with Xbox1 605b 0800 firmware (maybe in future release)

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEuZyyVFyprcUrLDTt.php

Shipoftheline
21-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Just to add I was speaking to a mate yesterday who had a stand at Bowlers on Saturday. He said the some guy in the stall opposite had a 360 open and was soldering a modchip (4 wire's). Now this guy isn't really into consoles or gaming and not the sort of guy who makes things up.

PS

Oh I think it was Bowlers first with the orginal XBOX

gazc156
22-05-2006, 04:57 PM
lol it definatly 110% wasnt a modchip he was soldering, the only posible thing it could have been is adual firmware chip.

http://teamxecuter.entryhost.com/

there is no modchip yet the core security hasnt been cracked n probably wont be for qwuiete sum time,.

Shipoftheline
22-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Well I wasn't 100% because he's not really into the console thing but I have heard rumours before about a beta modchip

Anyone reading going to bowlers this week ?

boabness
24-05-2006, 10:23 AM
sounds interesting but i will wait till its fully working with dvdr, canny wait 2 play my xbox backups on the 360:3:

mikeyc4321
30-05-2006, 09:42 PM
give this a read m8s

boabness
30-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Kool Thanks M8

brock101
14-08-2006, 03:23 AM
Well Guys You might be glad to know samsung firmware is now upto v3 which now includes
a few new good features

Stealth Media implemented into firmware.
Backups now appear exactly as original disk

also 0800 ripping firmware is built into the main firmware
so you dont have to reflash to be able to rip
all you to is insert a special 0800 enable dvd into drive to
activate the ripping part of the firmware, then when you insert
an original or backup it will revert back to original extreme firmware

NICEEEEE :D

nawabasif
14-08-2006, 10:20 PM
lol omg a hack already and these have bin out how long? o wait i just answered my own question! lolz ta