PDA

View Full Version : echostar dsb-707 viaccsess digital sat receiver

steven
18-10-2007, 06:54 AM
hi i got a ECHOSTAR DSB-707 VIACCSESS sattelitte receiver from a relative,he doesn,t know much about them so gave me it,"THE EXPERT" lol,anyway a while back i was told to get a viaccsess receiver tune it into the hotbird channel and i could buy a art sport card or polsat and i would get football among other channels etc. so i plugged it in to my normal sky dish and got a screen saying intializing card,then no signal,it changed from these 2 messages a few times,i know it should be on the hotbird not astra,so i dont know why i done it,i thought it would show me the channels i would receive when i tuned the dish to hotbird,the card thats in it,is "plain" white has 11 numbers,with a very small viaccess sign on it, i looked on a website and was told i could receive 1000 or so fta channels on this box,could anybody advise me on this, i.e the card etc. i originally wanted one of these viaccsess receivers for the arts sports cards or polsat,but to my knowledge arts have lost the rights to nxt seasons sports,and i cant find any polsat cards,so if anyone can tell me about this box and its capabilities,cards etc, i would be very grateful thanks