PDA

View Full Version : little ghosts on lcd

notanotherone
17-10-2007, 11:45 PM
ok i have monster cables on my new lcd 1 for my dreambox(scart)1 for my divx dvd (hdmi)and 1 for my cinema urround system (s-video) now ive noticed what i call ghosting around a figure it looks liek 3 or 4 figures but only from my dreambox set up (pli helinite image) its not there on dvd at all and its there on some of normal tv and on some of my intergrated freeview some fast moving sports shows it but watched car racing and nothing ?but some footbal ther is? ive tried changing cables (3 times ) but still to no avail any suggestions

Magnu420
18-10-2007, 10:04 PM
call the ghostbusters :roflmao:

sounds like you not got the wires plugged correctly or summat interfering with summat try connecting one thing at a time and see when it actually does it

i hope this helps..

notanotherone
18-10-2007, 10:59 PM
yep i have done all that m8 but as i say you see it on some things but not all, dvd`s are fine and i ahve tried plugging in dreambox seprately still the same and aslo freeview but not all the time cant figure out what it is

pearky
18-10-2007, 11:35 PM
mabye fault in tv in the video circuit you can try and turn the contrast down and see what happens this may help or not

Thommohawk
21-10-2007, 02:37 PM
usually its the input signal on lcd's if you get ghosting, first thing is to get decent cables which i see you have, double check the connections,

ive a plasma downstairs and a lcd upstairs, and depending what response time you have on your tv it may be unavoidable, for instance i can watch dvd,s etc or movies from my pc on the lcd tv and they,ll be hd format so perfect picture but sometimes i,ll watch the footy through my dreambox and i too will see the ghosting, but thats because of the speed of the football, its fast moving so the tv has to have a fast response time or you will see blurring or ghosting, thing is i can watch a normal tv program and it copes fine with no ghosting, but thats because a normal program doesnt move at the same pace as a footy match, hope that makes sense.

connecting the box up via other methods other than scart will help.

just to add, if you play with the settings you can reduce this so it isnt as bad, mine only seems to do it with the footy so i just watch it downstairs on my 42" plasma instead lol.

basically its not the tv, its the input/output of video,sky footy seems to be ok without ghosting but say i watch a match on itv it does ghost sometimes, if you got a hd box and used that i think you would find that you dont get any ghosting.

your tv is fine, dont worry about that, and as you said you can use a dvd and its ok, the problem is the tv signal in/out.

pande_monium
22-11-2007, 09:47 PM
NAO - Ghost images occur due to various reasons. Here's a good readup on that >> Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_interference_(ghosting))

Its a signal issue... nothing to do with the TV. I'd get a signal booster to boost the input signals so that the signal decoders (freeview tuner/dbox tuner/etc) are not forced to use the alternative signal (i.e. the ghost signal - pre-echo signal - slightly delayed signal).