PDA

View Full Version : Widnows Media Centre/ MythTV/ Freevo and DVB-C card

Plebster
24-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi,

I would like to set up a system that has a dvb-c card in it and run windows media centre or mythtv/ freevo under linux. Does anyone know if this is possible?

There used to be a tutorial on the old world of digital forum on how to set up MCE with a dbox2 using IR blasters. But i would like to, if poss, not use a dbox2 at all. There was also some discussions about takng the CAM files from a dbox2 and using them on this type of solution but for the life of me i can't remember if anyone has got it working.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim

Scotster
24-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Well tbh if you don't want to use a dbox 2 and its got nothing really to do with a dbox2 then i guess you have posted in the wrong forum buddy.

Scott =op

Plebster
24-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Scott, I'm just trying to catch up on an old thread from the dbox forum and see how people have done with it.

karlosfandango
24-06-2006, 09:01 PM
I am running xp media center with my sky connected via a hauppage wintv pvr 150 and would be interested to know if my dbox worked with this setup. They are in seperate rooms right now but if i knew it would work i would give it a go.

marty4k
28-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Download ProgDVB ProgDVB home page (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Download s2emu from FunFiles Satellite Encryption (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Get a softcam.key file with NTL ident and correct keys

voila! Working DVB-C card with software decoding nagravision ;)

druidvideo
28-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Cool...i might give this a try when I move!

angovery
28-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Won't be interesting to create a section about this subject? I think that there will be a lot of people (me included) interested.