PDA

View Full Version : no sound through hdmi ?

notanotherone
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
just bought a new samsung lcd i have dvd player that supports hdmi i can get the picture but no sound through it?is there something else i need to do to the tv?and no its not one of gazers re-jects lol

y2krog2000
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Check in the menu that the sound is set to hdmi possibly on both tv and dvd player.

Collider
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I have a panasonic pioneer telly and a philips HD upscale dvd player,was doing it to me also perfect pic and no sound so i went to sound menu and set hdmi1 to auto,before this i use to pull the cable out and run it through scart :roflmao:

notanotherone
13-10-2007, 07:02 AM
ok guys went home last nite had a good play with both the lcd and the video no matter what i did to the lcd it wouldnt come on had a play with new cables (again lol)got to 21:30 and was into the menu of dvd(philips) and found a sub-menu in the main hdmi menu inside that there was audio settings pressed one and on the sound came saved it and it now works thanks

alanpg1
20-12-2007, 11:37 AM
do we never read the manuals, bet its in there
my wife says manuals are for idiots, guess thats why she always puts the oven on full and burns the dinner.
"how do tou stop the smoke alarm" dont know dear you threw the manual out....

trickz
20-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Haha. Why use a manual? Just mess around till you get it to work!

indian
02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL reading the manual takes away from valueable using time i mean come on r u seriously gona choose reading a book over experimenting lol...we say tha now buh wen it dont work we're the 1st to complain lol