PDA

View Full Version : Jabs Pre Modded Ubomb Alert

twobeercans
24-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I have been sent a jabs pre - modded ubomb that wouldn't flash ect since it arrived.

having had a look at this i realised some plonker had inserted the max 232 the wrong way round lmao
its the interafce betwenn com port and unlooper so look on the board if you have problems and make sure its the correct way round. there is an imprint on the board to check it against. @edcase thats probably whats wrong with yours lol

regards twobeercans

roasted3
25-06-2006, 10:25 PM
lol it must have been the same person who done the williems programmers not so long back.. the one who done the faulty solder point ... then someone posted a fix for it ..... he must have worked on these ubombs aswell .... but jabs are usualy ok and admit there mistakes ...... i wonder how many they have sold before they have found the mistake or if there still selling the ubombs with the fualt on them.

pyroneus
09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I have been sent a jabs pre - modded ubomb that wouldn't flash ect since it arrived.
having had a look at this i realised some plonker had inserted the max 232 the wrong way round lmao
its the interafce betwenn com port and unlooper so look on the board if you have problems and make sure its the correct way round. there is an imprint on the board to check it against. @edcase thats probably whats wrong with yours lol
regards twobeercans

Sorry to revive this post but I can't get my UBOMB to work, what is a max232?
The LEDs won't even come on next the the card slots

pyroneus
09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
OK I have found the max232, but can't see any information for what direction it has to be in

twobeercans
09-08-2006, 08:55 PM
if you don't have a power light then you are not having the problem of chips incorrectly placed, i would suggest you ensure you are using the correct powersupply. the polarity is irrelevant in the ubomb as it has a rectifier. it will also run an ac power adaptors.

pyroneus
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I am using the same 9v power supply i used on my t911

pyroneus
11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I have been advised by my friend that there is a post on here stating what sort of power supply I need to power it, though I can't seem to find it when searching for "UBOMB", I also don't have access to downloads yet so may be restricted in what i can search for.

Any reference to the power supply specs you can give me? I have a 3 switchable power supply from maplin. Its set to 9v and says "300mA 3.6VA(max)" on it. Is this supply suitable?

twobeercans
13-08-2006, 12:03 AM
an ntl modem power supply is ideal for the job mate.

merlyn2010uk
24-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Question for twobeercans?

hello, im thinking of buying a jabsplace unlooper..have an ntl 200 modem, but i thought it was 12v..will that work.

as jabs says 9v on the site..

it would save me having to buy another power unit..

thankyou.

Ps if you could point me in the right direction, of the files required to program the ubomb as in XP-ATMEL Etc it would be very helpfull, cant find them on google..

thanks for reading.

djdoddy00
27-10-2006, 12:14 AM
If your buying the ubomb I use a switching power supply at 12v. Its rated at 900mA at 12v and it works a treat with the ubomb. Unlocked B0Ds, A86's and just done a B0C with success. The B0D and B0C took about 5 mins each, the A86 took about 1 hour.