PDA

View Full Version : i phone

Lainie
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
dont know if this is a 3g phone or not so if i have put in the wrong section can a mem of the man team move for lil me please.

anyway just wanted peeps thots on the iphone. i think it looks amazing and will get one if the price is right.

let me know ur thots guys and gals plz

thanks

xx

chixstaa
30-12-2007, 09:27 PM
No flash on this phone. Thats a downside aswell as zoom features. Otherwise wow what an excellent phone. The menus the features are quality!

Pebblo
01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
The Iphones features itself are not that great.

Its the way in which it does everything that makes it a good phone.

Unless you REALLY like what it does, I wouldnt bother.

pande_monium
07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
dont know if this is a 3g phone or not so if i have put in the wrong section can a mem of the man team move for lil me please.
anyway just wanted peeps thots on the iphone. i think it looks amazing and will get one if the price is right.
let me know ur thots guys and gals plz
No, its not a 3g phone. More like a 2.5g at best. It uses Edge to connect to the internet (or a wi-fi signal, if you have one handy). Looks gorgeous. I'm not one for looks normally (unless we're talking birds, of course), but the smipllistic black/silver looks are just to die for.

As I've said before on one of my posts, its features aren't all that great or cutting-edge... its the simplistic & intuitive way the iPhone does everything that takes the cake.

I must also admit that I use the non-bundled apps (after hacking) like ebook reader, customize, games, etc much more than the bundled apps. So, even if you do decide to stick to the O2 tarriff, then hack the iPhone to install these brilliant apps. Oh man, you'll love them. That's a guarantee.

Chances are that prices will not fall till the 16Gb iPhone is released. I doubt if this will happen for a good 6-9 months more.

Pros: Loads of 3rd party apps like MMS, Finder, Dictionary, Customize, Utilities, Games, etc once you hack the phone (which is a walk in the park itself). Great sync tool - iTunes. Is a 8Gb iPod Touch.

Cons: No copy-paste. iTunes restricts any modifications of the playlists/ringtones/etc directly on the iPhone... unlike what you can do with an iPod. Out-of-the-box 1.1.2 iPhone can only be unlocked to use any simm-cards from the SAME providers (O2 for UK, Orange for France, TMobile for Germany) although this should be achievable when firmware 1.1.3 comes out.

mouz
12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
There is a new 3g iphone on its way to be released. Its in the news and it should be available this year.