PDA

View Full Version : Council pilots one bin bag scheme

y2krog2000
06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Households in one council area are to be charged if they throw out more than one sack of rubbish each week.
A six-month pilot scheme, which aims to encourage more recycling, will see residents given 26 purple bin bags instead of the usual black bags.

Bin men will only pick up the purple bags and if residents need more they will be charged ?2.80 for a roll of 10.

The scheme is being piloted in the Rye Road and Goffs Oak areas of Broxbourne borough, in Hertfordshire.

The council said it was trying to reach out to the residents' "hearts and minds" and encourage recycling while reducing waste.

It said it had set a 20% target for all waste in the borough to be recycled and the pilot would test whether the approach would improve recycling in the area.

The council said there was a kerbside collection service for paper, glass and cans plus other neighbourhood recycling centres which residents could use to cut their waste
.BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Council pilots one bin bag scheme (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7031162.stm)

Hows about no, I think people that are supposed to be taking part in this test should throw their rubbish in the streets in protest and then other councils wont take up this pathetic way of making more money. Some people cannot afford to pay extra money on top of what they already pay to the council.

bladesftp
06-10-2007, 10:34 AM
what a pi** take i find it hard to cut it down to 2 bags a week even with recycling its hard to not have rubbosh when ya got a baby lol

wullboy
06-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Here we go " PAYING TO GET OUR RUBBISH TAKEN AWAY" this was always on the cards, as it is a way to get more revenue into the coffers, nothing more, the next thing will be that your rubbish will be weight, and there will be a charge per kilo or what ever, Give it time, i believe this will come in the future,Just another TAX

nj2006
06-10-2007, 12:57 PM
does this meen a reduction in council tax is on the cards aswell.

on avrage our house desposes of 5-6 bags and 2 of them are sh*ty nappys i pay ?120 for rubish desposilee in my council tax so does this meen i get a reduction of ?100 ,

stickywicket
06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
gotta love these crazy schemes (in that really sarcastic way like you love going to the dentist) another "o dear we messed things up so we're gonna punish you for it". we've got the owning a house taxes, driving your car taxes in all its various forms, going to work taxes, having a ciggie taxes, having a drink taxes, watching telly tax, soon to have getting a bath tax, now leaving out your rubbish tax, all i need is a going to bed tax, a drinking coffee tax and a using your computer tax an thats just about everything covered. well theres one other one but if they start taxing that im emigrating, no way im putting in all the effort just to be taken from behind by the govt.

bladesftp
06-10-2007, 02:54 PM
next week they plan to tax you on how much oxygen you breath in

stickywicket
06-10-2007, 03:36 PM
next week they plan to tax you on how much oxygen you breath in

ahhh well i should get a reduced rate on that one no problem, due to smoking and abusing extra curricular activities my lungs arent really up to scratch. i propse the common sense tax, very simple goes like this, "yes minister/councillor you have the right to make any proposals you desire but if what comes out of your mouth doesnt make sense to ten ordinary ppl then we take 40% of everthing you earn/own, then we place you on the idiot register so everyone can see what a dumbas* you are." should keep em at bay for a while.

notanotherone
06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
ahhh well i should get a reduced rate on that one no problem, due to smoking and abusing extra curricular activities my lungs arent really up to scratch. i propse the common sense tax, very simple goes like this, "yes minister/councillor you have the right to make any proposals you desire but if what comes out of your mouth doesnt make sense to ten ordinary ppl then we take 40% of everthing you earn/own, then we place you on the idiot register so everyone can see what a dumbas* you are." should keep em at bay for a while.
god i cant beleive am saying thsi but i have to agree with sticky on this one wot the hell is all coming to we pay our taxs and council tax i end up taking stuff down to the tip myself casue i cant get the " specail uplift" for a fornight and i dont want it laying around my place for a fortnight

Lainie
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
one bag o rubbish a week!! no way. who comes up with these ridiculous ideas?