PDA

View Full Version : Say Halo to new record breaker

Shipoftheline
05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2007440053,00.jpg

HALO 3 has become the fastest-selling video game ever with more than ?150 MILLION spent worldwide on the space adventure in its first week in the shops.

The Xbox 360 title made by Microsoft has also led to a surge in demand for the console itself with double the number of machines shifted in the past seven days compared to the week before.

Microsoft boss Bill Gates said: "Halo 3 embodies our vision for the future of entertainment, where some of the world?s greatest creative minds will deliver a new generation of interactive storytelling."

The record sales come after the game took pounds 85m in America last Tuesday beating previous U.S. sales records set by blockbuster openings for the Spider-Man 3 movie and the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book.

So far more than 2.7 million gamers have played Halo 3 over the internet clocking up 3.6 million hours of online gameplay in the first 24 hours.

This has since shot up to 40 million hours by the end of the first week, which equals an amazing 4,500 years of continuous gameplay.

The Sun Online - News: Say Halo to new record breaker (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I played it mainly so I could see the story through but the game was far too short in my opinion and the graphics were crap in comparison to Bioshock and Gears of War

kevdoc06
05-10-2007, 05:46 PM
thats nothing i make more than that in one night pimpin my ladies but maybe not as much users lol whos your daddy