PDA

View Full Version : radiator help pls

bamesal
27-09-2007, 08:23 PM
hi guys
my living room radiator is not fully warm half radiator warm and and half a bit cold for upperside .the other radiator is alright may my radaitor need to change if it tochange how to change it just stop the water and put a new radiator i hav't any knowledge abt it so pls help me :)

jimmyjj
27-09-2007, 08:30 PM
hi m8
try opening it to let out any air in it,
open the screw at the top of the radiator using a vent key ,
top up the boiler if its a combi boiler

jimmy

stickywicket
27-09-2007, 08:38 PM
turn on your heating and bleed all your radiators, take a basin and a radiator key, most hardware stores have them or possibly a neighbour. place the basin under the radiator and open the outlet valve gradually, you should hear air escaping. the outlet valve is a small square at the end of the radiator. wait until water begins to leak, this lets you know all the air has escaped. repeat for all radiators just to make sure. this should be done regularly. you can also buy a device that attaches to the radiator with a bottle that catches the water but using a key is much easier.
if you have a gas system, once you have bled all the radiators locate the pressure valve under your boiler, it will either be a little knob on one of the pipes or a small flat head screw type device, turn it slightly and you should hear water being released into the system, check the pressure your boiler should be set to (usually located on the small cover on a sticker or your boilers manual)and set accordingly. you sometimes need to attach a pressure hose to the underside of the boiler but many fitter leave them attached.

bamesal
29-09-2007, 08:18 PM
hi ma8 did ur methord its work for me radiator r working fine but one thing water is not begins to leak.i wait 3 or 4min than i close the outlet valve they r working fine many thanx

stickywicket
29-09-2007, 09:53 PM
its not a necessity that water leaks its just that it usually does an its pretty messy stuff, not good 4 your nice carpet. better to be safe than sorry. you should do the quite regularly as it keeps your system running optimally an saves you a few quid in heating.

Billyboy1949
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
one of the probles with partly cold raidiators there can be a buildup of a silt within raidiator giving you a cold spot like ark in mid of radiator one way is to isolate rad remove then flush rad out replace then bleed rad should be ok then.

rom10
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
if bleeding the rads turn of combi or the re fil needs locked and refilled