PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia LCD - No picture but sound ok?

jb79
23-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Sony Bravia LCD
Model KDL-S32A12U

The picture just went while watching tv
tried switch off at power lead and making sure all connection were ok

absolutley no picture but sound is ok
dont even get menu coming up

any advice?

stickywicket
23-09-2007, 05:06 PM
try a different scart, make sure it is pressed in firmly. have you tried different devices, ie if this happens using a sky box have u tried a dvd player. could anyone have changed your settings, from rgb to cvbs etc. some devices have a standard and hd setting could this have changed.

jb79
23-09-2007, 05:14 PM
try a different scart, make sure it is pressed in firmly. have you tried different devices, ie if this happens using a sky box have u tried a dvd player. could anyone have changed your settings, from rgb to cvbs etc. some devices have a standard and hd setting could this have changed.

no one touched anything like that - i cant even see the built-in freeview on the in-built menu

stickywicket
23-09-2007, 05:43 PM
if no settings have been changed, you have tested with other equipment and have checked and double checked all connections then it maybe a fault with the set, is it still under warranty???
could be a fault with the lamp or lamp driver, id suggest you go over everything again, make sure its not a dodgy scart/hdmi lead etc. if you still have no joy might need to be returned.:confused:

jb79
23-09-2007, 06:03 PM
if no settings have been changed, you have tested with other equipment and have checked and double checked all connections then it maybe a fault with the set, is it still under warranty???
could be a fault with the lamp or lamp driver, id suggest you go over everything again, make sure its not a dodgy scart/hdmi lead etc. if you still have no joy might need to be returned.:confused:

ive taken out all leads and just tried watching my freeview but nothingive had it for 18 months so out of warranty
will try and take it to get fixed - are lamps expensive to get replaced?

stickywicket
23-09-2007, 06:14 PM
have you connected another device, like a dvd player, video etc etc. id rule out all possibilities first b4 thinking of repairs, as if its out of warranty yes it will be expensive.

have you disconnected the tv (from the wall outlet) left it and plugged it in again. like i said m8 go over all possibilities as i tend to find most problems are down to something simple ive overlooked, if after exhausting all possibilities you find you still have problems, contact the manufacturer and state the problems you are having, is there a known fault etc. be careful though as many manufacturers use premium rate numbers, look for a tech dept an drop them an email etc.

jb79
23-09-2007, 06:22 PM
have you connected another device, like a dvd player, video etc etc. id rule out all possibilities first b4 thinking of repairs, as if its out of warranty yes it will be expensive.
have you disconnected the tv (from the wall outlet) left it and plugged it in again. like i said m8 go over all possibilities as i tend to find most problems are down to something simple ive overlooked, if after exhausting all possibilities you find you still have problems, contact the manufacturer and state the problems you are having, is there a known fault etc. be careful though as many manufacturers use premium rate numbers, look for a tech dept an drop them an email etc.
yes mate done all of the above - thanks for your advice