PDA

View Full Version : Manager Mourinho leaves Chelsea

**OVERRIDE**
20-09-2007, 12:48 AM
h**p://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

Not_much_cop
20-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has made a shock exit from the London club.

A club statement said the self-styled "Special One" had left by "mutual consent".

There had been speculation over his future as manager following a string of lacklustre performances, which has left the club fifth in the Barclays Premiership.

He is reported to have sent text messages to players John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba wishing them "good luck in the rest of your career".

He told them he was leaving the club today.

It follows the Blues' disappointing Champions League draw at home to Norwegian minnows Rosenborg on Tuesday.

Former Israel coach Avram Grant, recruited in the summer as director of football, is expected to take charge of the side for Sunday's league clash with Manchester United.

Chelsea FC confirmed in a short statement on its website: "Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have agreed to part company by mutual consent."

Sky Sports presenter Jon Desborough described it as "sensational news".

He added: "I think he's been edged out because Roman Abramovich (Chelsea's owner) and Peter Kenyon (Chelsea's chief executive) want to make a difference with their Chelsea team."

This week Kenyon told of Abramovich's ambition of making Chelsea a worldwide brand - by winning two European cups in a 10-year period and dominating the domestic league.

That only gave Mourinho another six seasons to win two Champions League cups, but Kenyon insisted he wanted the Portuguese coach to continue at the helm.

Football writer Steve Curry told Sky News: "It's quite incredible really, once you think of what Mourinho has achieved at the club.

"Quite clearly there have been clashes between Mourinho and the board - both in terms of transfer policy and the way Chelsea play their football."

The 44-year-old manager is said to have been frustrated for some time with the perceived interference of Abramovich in team affairs.

Mourinho was unhappy with the ?30m arrival of striker Andrei Shevchenko, a close friend of the Russian owner.

Abramovich walked out early from Chelsea's 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa earlier this season, and he will not have enjoyed Tuesday's poor result.

Mourinho refused to blame his strikers after Rosenborg held Chelsea's ?100m squad to a 1-1 draw.

But the Portuguese coach was clearly frustrated and alarmed by his team's failure to score more than one goal against the Norwegians even though they created a hatful of opportunities.

Mourinho declared after the match: "Of course I am alarmed. I am not happy. We cannot score goals.

"I am disappointed, but the history of the game was simple, we had 20 chances and scored one goal. So maybe we need 40 chances to score two - and 60 to score three."

Mourinho won every domestic honour since his arrival in England in the summer of 2004 but the Champions League eluded him.

**OVERRIDE**
20-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Video Confirmed.......

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ajDA4i5AE

Collider
20-09-2007, 08:58 AM
LOL nice video

steve07951
20-09-2007, 09:09 AM
i can't do with Abramovich, jose was a great manager he'll be missed in the game and i'm a man utd fan

weesam
20-09-2007, 08:54 PM
im a united fan 2 m8 and u'r spot on he will be missed as he was good 4 english football but there is only one special one and that's fergie got luck 2 him hope he gets the ?25 million he wants :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

y2krog2000
20-09-2007, 11:50 PM
im a united fan 2 m8 and u'r spot on he will be missed as he was good 4 english football but there is only one special one and that's fergie got luck 2 him hope he gets the ?25 million he wants :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
He agreed to 20 million for buying out of the remainding 3 years of his contract, that was handed out in a statement by chelsea after they came to the agreement, not bad most clubs would have gave him next to nothing.

steve07951
21-09-2007, 12:01 AM
i hope he gets the lot for putting up with that rusian idiot

y2krog2000
21-09-2007, 12:07 AM
i hope he gets the lot for putting up with that rusian idiot
Im no Chelsea/Abramovich fan but I wouldnt say he was an idiot, but the opposite. Im sure he is more than happy with the 20 million he has got on top of the wages and bonuses he already earned :leph:.