PDA

View Full Version : Disc read errors

JackPumpkinKing
17-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Has anyone else had problems with their 360 stopping mid game to say it cannot read the disc?
Ive gone through a few copies of Elder Scrolls Oblivion because of this but had heard that it was common for this to happen with Oblivion. However it is now happening with some other games.
Is it common for this to happen on anyone else's 360 or should I take my console back as a faulty?

My console is not modified and I'm playing all original store bought games.

tinkertiler
17-09-2007, 09:51 PM
If the discs are not scratched and the console seems to be getting worse then the laser is playing up on it. Yes you can take it back and get a new one just say that you are having problems reading games and films.

JackPumpkinKing
18-09-2007, 01:55 PM
As it turns out I now know its faulty. Got the three red lights this morning.
Just glad I work in a place that sells them so I'll have no problem getting a new one :)

Not_much_cop
18-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Lucky for you, to be able to change it so easy.....lol

Any chance of 1 or 2 going missing/lost.

You could sell them on here and make a small sum for yourself.........:roflmao:

JackPumpkinKing
18-09-2007, 02:32 PM
As tempting as it may be I dont think Id get away with that. Think they might notice me walking out with a few 360's haha.
Yeah I am lucky esp cos I havent a clue were my receipt is so it could be a whole lot worse.

Astroman
24-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi
In most cd readers including pc cd readers if they are in a dry smokey area the lens can be coated with a thin film .
most cd lens cleaners dont work ,best thing to do take it apart
and give the lens a good clean with white spirits using a few cotton buds.
while your there you may aswell give the runners a lite oil
that should do the trick.

good kuck