PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Pro or Elite?

JackPumpkinKing
17-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone has swapped their Pro console over for an Elite and is it actually worth it?
I know microsoft said they have fixed a lot of the problems they were having with the original 360 and put the new improved software into the Elite but realistically is there much difference?
Would it be something you would actually notice other than having a bigger hard drive and being black?

tinkertiler
17-09-2007, 09:55 PM
The insides of the Elite and the Premium version are the same at the moment and NO ms has not fixed the 3 red light problem yet! There is a new mobo coming out with a 65mm processor and that should sort the problems out. Some people said that the Elite will have this but no one has seen it yet my guess is they are trying to get rid of the old stock before the new one comes out.

I am still seeing consoles from last september coming through at the moment so they have a way to go before all the old stock is gone!

JackPumpkinKing
18-09-2007, 01:58 PM
I was lied to so. I had been told they fixed all the problems with it. I sell games and games consoles in work, we had been told these problems were fixed. Better not tell me customers that they have so . Thanks for the info and I shall be thanking you properly as well :)

sini
21-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't bother with the Elite unless you MUST have a black console and even then I think black decals will be cheaper.
All new Premium/Pro's will have hdmi as standard so there will be no difference - apart from the price tag.

cozmo
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
The only thing you gain with the elite is the hdmi socket and the 120gb hdd oh and its black total waste of time imo

cozmo

Shipoftheline
09-10-2007, 02:56 PM
The Elite will come into it's own when they push the online TV part which I believe is already live in the State's

tinkertiler
09-10-2007, 08:01 PM
The Elite will come into it's own when they push the online TV part which I believe is already live in the State's

Maybe so but all you have to do is buy the 120 gig hard drive and you ALMOST have a elite the only thing missing is the hdmi port.

Shipoftheline
09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Maybe so but all you have to do is buy the 120 gig hard drive and you ALMOST have a elite the only thing missing is the hdmi port.

TBH it means f-all to me because I just use the 20GB to save games lol

tinkertiler
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
TBH it means f-all to me because I just use the 20GB to save games lol

Same here :roflmao:

Diablo13
09-10-2007, 11:55 PM
"Is it because it is black?"
signed Ali G 360 user. :roflmao:

Shipoftheline
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
"Is it because it is black?"
signed Ali G 360 user. :roflmao:

Donno I quite like the Halo 3 version :)

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/xbox_-halo3_2.jpg

Diablo13
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Must admit I quite like that myself ship. So is that a third party case?

tinkertiler
10-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Must admit I quite like that myself ship. So is that a third party case?

Its the halo 3 special edition which does not come with the game!!! Which makes no sence to me

Diablo13
10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I would expect them to stick a picture of it in the game and say "you could have this case if you want for only 50 quid". Thats about normal for milking it,:censored:

JackPumpkinKing
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Must say I am very tempted by this one. As it turns out my 360 went 3 red lights so my brother just had to have the Elite.
No problems as of yet, not even a read disc error. So we are very happy. I know its not because its an Elite but just because its a console without a fault.

Halo 3 console is very nice though. Played one and it just looks awesome.
One thing that annoys me about it is that it has all the features of the Elite bar the 120gb hard drive and its only 30 euro cheaper!

iron-man
14-10-2007, 01:03 PM
hey all, i work in a game shop and was talking to my boss and from what he said the reason you get the red ring of death is because of an over heating problem. any truth to this?

also i want the elite mainly because i like the look, shame its so damn expensive!

tinkertiler
15-10-2007, 07:36 PM
3 red lights is caused by bad manufacture hardware failure. The GPU is the problem as the solder joints pop off causing the 3 red lights among other things. It is not just that, there are other causes of the 3 red lights bad solder joints being the main one,

iron-man
16-10-2007, 10:36 PM
ahhh you'd think a company as rich as microsoft could afford to fix this? so im assuming its the same for elites then since the only hardware difference is the HDMI ports and the case colour! still getting one though = ) just have to save those pennies!

y2krog2000
16-10-2007, 10:42 PM
ahhh you'd think a company as rich as microsoft could afford to fix this?
Yep they can but thats why they are so rich because if they dont have to then they wont. Seems to me that a lot of people are having problems with their 360's is this only happening to the chipped ones or does it happen to them all?

tinkertiler
16-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Yep they can but thats why they are so rich because if they dont have to then they wont. Seems to me that a lot of people are having problems with their 360's is this only happening to the chipped ones or does it happen to them all?

It is happening to them all not just the ones that have been modified. MS have said that they warranty all consoles for 3 years which is good seeing as though they have only been out for 2 years now but the thing is that the console should have been designed better in the first place!!!

hacktheworld
18-10-2007, 12:29 AM
id would probably get rid of my pro system for the elite on the off chance that it wouldnt die on me like my pro system has just done also i would get it for the proper hd port which would be nice to have :) hard choice but i would go for the elite as they are retailing at only ?20 more than the pro..

Shipoftheline
18-10-2007, 08:11 AM
id would probably get rid of my pro system for the elite on the off chance that it wouldnt die on me like my pro system has just done also i would get it for the proper hd port which would be nice to have :) hard choice but i would go for the elite as they are retailing at only ?20 more than the pro..

The architecture hasn't been changed yet so you'd be wasting your time. Also you may get stuck with a drive that can't be hacked (yet)

tinkertiler
18-10-2007, 09:15 AM
The 79 drive can be hacked but you need a chip installed to do it and the benq drive has internal testing over the weekend for a modded firmware and that is 100% software to hack them.