PDA

View Full Version : Unable to flash starview

khan888
01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello

Trying to flash my orginal starview with the latest software but keeps coming up unable to flash after i try and download the image, is there anything i'm doing wrong as this is the first time i've done a starview.

Thanks

fergalsworld
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
What software,flash file and cable are you using.

khan888
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Managed to flash the starview box but now most of my channels can't get a signal they were working fine before.Any ideas?

fergalsworld
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Managed to flash the starview box but now most of my channels can't get a signal they were working fine before.Any ideas?
Check the cable connections clear channel data and do a power scan.

pokerplaya
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
did you do the little thing you have to do to get the channels showing?

press menu..... then press 1570 on remote this takes you to the secret menu...
go down to emu and turn it on...
now exit this menu and wait for it to store all the data..
that should do it.

khan888
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes checked everything seems ok and emu is on.I only get the freeview channels coming through can't even get channel 5

pokerplaya
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
hi again...
i assume it did the updates as it should?
this process takes ages after i have flashed a starview...
try unplugging it for an hour then plug it back in.. sounds silly but it might need to update everything.
i have seen the odd starview that had similar problems..try a different software if you have access to them.
to be honest im not a fan of starview boxes... give me a dbox to flash and set up and im happy.
(sagem dbox2 2x) i regard these as better than the nokias...
regards

MFCGAVMFC
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
starviews do the job but the lack of epg and occasional long channel changeine times kinda holds ot back :( but i got the my last 1 there for ?20 delivered so i cant really complain

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC