PDA

View Full Version : d-link probelms

BakkiPoucH
27-08-2007, 04:52 PM
right after a few days trying to set this up proberly i'm asking for help

i have set the thing up but theres a few things peeing me off about it

i carnt have it set so i have my pc and lappy on the internet at the same time

got my pc set up so it has a ethernet lead from the router to the back of the pc but when its like this my laptop cannot find it my psp finds it all over the house

but when i unplug it all from the pc my lappy picks it up ??

both pc and lappy are high spec so there no worrys there

the wireless router thingy me bob is a d-link dkt-110 39.99 from currys

got a usb wirless thingy with it to plug in to the pc but i have found this to be faluty hence the pc being linked up by ethernet
gunna try and take it back some time this week

any help will be very gatefull

BakkiPoucH
28-08-2007, 01:33 AM
seemed to get it sorted for now i went to extreme lenghs tho
reformatted both lappy a pc and reset the router so it was all factory settings set it all up on the pc then the lappy found it automaticly havent tested the psp yet tho

stickywicket
28-08-2007, 07:47 PM
lo m8 seen this post yesterday and forgot to post, first things first have you changed the admin password in the system settings, then have you enabled wpa encryption and set up a secure PSK, wont affect your problem but very important. then check to make sure your pc an lappy havent been assigned the same ip. pc should be first then laptop. make sure your dhcp server is enabled and check your lease time settings. check that your WAN connection is set to dynamic. once all thats sorted you may want to establish mac address control, make a list of the macs you want to connect to then add them to your mac address control centre, this will prevent any outside interference as well as offer a much greater level of security.

had similar probs when neighbour had wireless installed, played havoc with laptop.