PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games

iron-man
23-08-2007, 07:04 PM
hi all, i am just asking for a mate.

lets say he has a modded Wii and wants to download games from torrent sites do you have to burn them on to a DVD?

sorry if this seems really stupid but i know nothing about the Wii.

thanks in advance.

notanotherone
23-08-2007, 07:10 PM
your not being stoopid youll get them off torrents and they usually are in winrar format all you do is extract the winrar file which will give you an .img file or an iso file which you burn on dvd disc using nero or any good software liek that

tactix
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
the best software i find is imgburn google it its free
also you want to be carefull as if your using some ntsc games on pal consoles you can break the console if it does a system software update off the disk.

but dont worry there is a way to remove the update off the disk with an app called wii brick blocker

run the app select the iso or img that you extracted hit apply and it will rip the update out the game so it safe for pal consoles

nin
06-09-2007, 08:06 PM
my advice would be to pay for a newsgroup. you get full download speeds, and can download just about anything. every wii game that comes out will be there. i use newshosting and newzbin. costs about ?10 a month. my other bit of advice, is to use clone cd to copy the games, very easy program to use. my final bit of advice is to use dvdrw's if you're unsure whether game will play, or you might not like it. games i've tried work ok on them.

siy100
08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
i use newsbin its free and it works well and nero to burn the dvd

stewpainger
14-12-2007, 02:48 PM
@siy100 I just looked up newsbin and it seems to be paid software. If they do a free version I would be interested.

jazzysweet
17-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Try Grabit, does the same job as Newsbin and it's free.

madman2
29-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Try [url NO links to torrent sites allowed url]

This is where i get my wii games from

Hope this helps