PDA

View Full Version : Electric Roller Shutters

Hitman
21-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi
I acquired a garage door roller shutter from a job today in the hope that i can make them shorter.
Anyone on here have any experience with these?

Any advise appreciated

joste
11-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I presume by shorter you mean reduce the height, you can adjust the drop by adjusting the limit switches which are usually located near the motor mechanism.

Not_much_cop
18-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Most roller shutters are adjustable, either by taking out sections to make them shorter in height. This is done either by the sections unclipping from each other by folding them back 90 degs or so, once they are out of the tracks, or by pulling out long rods that join the sections together.
If however you mean shorter as in width, yes this is also possible by getting a good disc cutter and running it up the entire length of the shutter, through all the sections etc. You will then also need to shorten the big tube/bar that the shutter rolls up on to when open and any boxes etc if it has any that covers it all. The brackets/motor should already be seperates and not need any modification.
Make sure you set up the limit switches correctly though.

Hitman
18-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I have done it now and the are perfect
I did mean width as height wouldn't matter any way.
Was a lot of hassle sorting it all out...bout 2 days work for me but worth it to me

Thanks for the advice fellas