PDA

View Full Version : My 360 cant read verbatim disks why???

BigPaul
20-08-2007, 04:38 PM
When i download and burn a game for my boys 360 i get the following results with different media types:

Mirrors go about 50% then give write errors (told this is due to crap media).

TDK does the same.

Verbatims get to 100% as if they have burned but i get unplayable disk with them.

Aone disks work fine (these are supposed to be the worst from my research).

Does anyone have any tips as to why the supposedly best media wont play in the 360 as im sure they are burning ok.

Shipoftheline
20-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Did you check the image with the latest version of XDVDMulleter and did you burn it with ImgBurn ?

tinkertiler
20-08-2007, 07:04 PM
When i download and burn a game for my boys 360 i get the following results with different media types:
Mirrors go about 50% then give write errors (told this is due to crap media).
TDK does the same.
Verbatims get to 100% as if they have burned but i get unplayable disk with them.
Aone disks work fine (these are supposed to be the worst from my research).
Does anyone have any tips as to why the supposedly best media wont play in the 360 as im sure they are burning ok.

What dvd burner have you got and what burning software have you got installed on your pc? Even the burning software that you dont use to burn 360 games.

BigPaul
20-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I have not used xdvdmulleter (never heard of it to be honest but will start lookin around) had nero installed as well as imageburn, xbox backup creator, and clonecd. Removed the nero because i couldnt get a burn to work and this had worked in the past for some strange reason.

tinkertiler
20-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Uninstall ALL burning software i know this sounds extreme but this is what one of my friends and i had to do! Re boot and then re install img burn ONLY for the time being at least. You can get dvd mulleter from here 360Patches (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Install mulleter 9.7. When you have done that run the game through mulleter and check that ALL the boxes are ticked. If they are not you need to click the autofix button. This may work if it doesnt then you need to fix it manually whick is easy just download the patch off that site and then repair it. you need the DMI/PFI and the video files to fix it and then you are done with that part.

When that is all done delete the .dvd file and then ask mulleter to make you a new one. Then when it has all been patched you need to go to img burn and open tools/settings/write/layer break set the layer break to user specified and then set it to 1913760.

After that you should be good to burn the game. Just make sure that it passes all the tests in mulleter otherwise if you are using a new firmware on your 360 they will not boot.

Open img burn, insert your dual layer disc and burn at 4x maximum! alot of people will state that they are burning at 8x but i and a few of my mates have had trouble with games so we stick to 4x and all is well.

Mirror discs are ok but sometimes you get a bad batch, Aone are all over the place one can be ok the next is crap! Verbatim are the best but the most expensive. If this still does not solve the problem then you have a faulty burner. Get a pioneer112 they are the ones that i use only ?20 and work great only thing is burning dual layers tends to burn them out quickly.

Discs stopping at 51% is faulty discs the verbatim should work ok so give them a go should be ok. good luck

Shipoftheline
21-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Just a note that I've used Datawrite so far and not had a bad burn.

BigPaul
21-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Would i be right in saying that all 360s should be able to read verbatims ???

tinkertiler
21-08-2007, 11:54 PM
They are supposed to be the best discs on the market and when i was using them i never had one fail. What drive do you have in your 360? I know that i said it before, but on dvd mulleter there is a feature to re do the .dvd file. I would try and delete the one that you get when you download something and then load the iso back into mulleter and then ask it to do another .dvd file for you and then try and burn it again. That solved my problem thjat keeps re occuring when they will not verfy properly. worth a shot if you have another disc just do not use clone cd.

BigPaul
22-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Does anyone have any sort of tutorial for mulleter as i dont know what i am doing with it really.

tinkertiler
22-08-2007, 08:59 AM
1. Rip the iso to your hard drive with the read function of IMGburn.
2. Load XDVDmulleter.
3. Load the iso
4. Try and use the auto fix if that doesnt work you need to do it manually
5. If needed most stealth files required are on this site 360Patches (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. You can even get the software needed from that site too.

It is that easy before you burn any games just run them through mulleter and it will check whether they will work. Saves on dual layers

You will be able to load the iso file if you still have it on your drive.

EDIT I will do a proper version of how to use mulleter later on not got time at the min but that should help for the time being/

BigPaul
22-08-2007, 07:58 PM
1. Rip the iso to your hard drive with the read function of IMGburn.
2. Load XDVDmulleter.
3. Load the iso
4. Try and use the auto fix if that doesnt work you need to do it manually
5. If needed most stealth files required are on this site 360Patches (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. You can even get the software needed from that site too.

It is that easy before you burn any games just run them through mulleter and it will check whether they will work. Saves on dual layers

You will be able to load the iso file if you still have it on your drive.

EDIT I will do a proper version of how to use mulleter later on not got time at the min but that should help for the time being/

I dont rip em from disk i download em all... but when you say load em on to mulleter which option is it from the main screen is it 1 view iso 2 build/rebuild iso 3 extract iso or 4 batch iso

The other thing i gotta add is why does it work on Aone disks as it is but not on verbatim disks?

BigPaul
22-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I have done view iso then hit load the file then did check crc then auto fix and it shows status bar then says iso is good but still it wont play if burned to a verbatim disk.

tinkertiler
22-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Do you know anyone else with a modded xbox just to try one of your games that doesnt boot> It would determine if there is a fault with the 360 or the discs it may help us in finding out the problem.

BigPaul
22-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Afraid my son has the only one i know of which is the one with the problem.

tinkertiler
22-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Did you try uninstalling everything like i said before?

BigPaul
22-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes i did that :)

tinkertiler
23-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Right i have a few questions if you can answer them all then that will be great and we will go from there
1. What dvd burner do you have?
2. What speed was you writing the games at
3. What burning software was you using to burn the games
4. Did you set the layer break on img burn(if that was used!)
5. Have you tried more than one disc from each sort. (may have had some faulty discs)
6. What burning software have you got installed at the moment.
7. What firmware on the 360?
8. Is it just one game or a couple of the games
9. What drive is in your 360 Hitachi or Samsung.
10. What firmware is on the 360 drive.

If you can answer all them then we will go from there.

Shipoftheline
23-08-2007, 09:53 AM
BigPaul just out of interest this image was PAL or region free wasn't it ?

BigPaul
23-08-2007, 10:57 PM
BigPaul just out of interest this image was PAL or region free wasn't it ?

Yes it was

BigPaul
23-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Right i have a few questions if you can answer them all then that will be great and we will go from there
1. What dvd burner do you have?
2. What speed was you writing the games at
3. What burning software was you using to burn the games
4. Did you set the layer break on img burn(if that was used!)
5. Have you tried more than one disc from each sort. (may have had some faulty discs)
6. What burning software have you got installed at the moment.
7. What firmware on the 360?
8. Is it just one game or a couple of the games
9. What drive is in your 360 Hitachi or Samsung.
10. What firmware is on the 360 drive.

If you can answer all them then we will go from there.

Burner is a pioneer 111d with new firmware on it (bobs 8.9 i think.
Writing the games at 2.4 with imageburn and layerbreak was set.
Have tried several disks... Aone works fine, Mirrors go half way then give write errors, Verbs go all way as if burned ok but get unplayable disk in xbox.
Had nero, xbox backup creator, clone cd, and dvd something or other but have uninstalled em all and put imageburn on itself.
Using garyopa maximus fw on a LG drive.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry bout the delay only just got in from work.

tinkertiler
23-08-2007, 11:41 PM
your best bet is to see if you can find someone else who has a 360 and try it on there 360 until then just use aone discs. You still have not stated which version you have of the firmware which may be the problem, is it Ixtreme or just a normal xtreme firmware and have you tried flashing the drive again. You are too vague with all your answers. The firmware you want on your pioneer is 1.29 off the original site not a hacked one which it sounds like you have installed. Either that try and get hold of a pioneer 112 and see if that helps it is looking like you either have a faulty burner or a picky drive in your 360 that is as far as i can tell you. Sorry.

BigPaul
27-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Just to update the thread so anyone else reading with same problem knows the conclusion.

I changed the burner to a pioneer 112 and tried burning on to verb but still no success.

I burned the same two games using the same burner on to Aone disks and they work fine.

I think i just have a picky drive in my boys 360 although i dont think i will have it for long as microsoft will be getting it back soon due to it having to heat up before it will work (usually takes three attempts to get it to boot up.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out.

tinkertiler
27-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Its just a shame that you dont know anyone else with a 360 that you could have tried the games on that would have helped a bit. Im sorry that we couldnt get it sorted for you. When you say 3 attempts and heating up do you mean that it wont read the game straight away or is there another problem like the screen not showing up or something else.?

BigPaul
29-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Its just a shame that you dont know anyone else with a 360 that you could have tried the games on that would have helped a bit. Im sorry that we couldnt get it sorted for you. When you say 3 attempts and heating up do you mean that it wont read the game straight away or is there another problem like the screen not showing up or something else.?

When I switch the box on from cold it powers ok but nothing appears on the screen... I then have to switch it off and back on again two times... It will then show the normal boot screen but wont play backups (although originals are fine)... If i leave it on for about five minutes it will then play backups.

As i said before it is almost as if it has to heat up before its ready to play.

tinkertiler
30-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Ok if you turn it on with the controller dors the ring of light go round like it would do normally or does that all stay black and the middle light stays on?

BigPaul
30-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok if you turn it on with the controller dors the ring of light go round like it would do normally or does that all stay black and the middle light stays on?

Tried it and only the green power light in the center stays on the outside is dark (no circling lights).

Does this mean something?

tinkertiler
30-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Yes it does mean something unplug all the cables then try and plug them in again. Mine did this the other day took me ages to get it back again! I had changed the hard drive over to my mates and when i put my one back on it woudnt play right! Anyway unplug everything if you have a hard drive leave that off and just plug in the power supply and the av cable and see if that makes any difference. If that works then plug the hard drive back in and try that.

Keep unplugging and plugging back in then it will settle down again and you wont have to keep booting up again.

I have found out that the verbaim discs are going through a bad patch as they are failing for alot of people at the min so that may be the problem there. If aone are working for you just stick with them.

Let me know if that helps on the booting problem it sorted my 360 so hopefully it will make yours work a little easier.