PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6680 help

THE DADDY
17-08-2007, 07:51 AM
i keep on getting this message when i turn on the phone. "home screen not supported" is there a way i can get it go away?

y2krog2000
17-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Change your home screen, or if its a picture then stick it on your computer and save as a jpeg then stick it back on your phone and it should work.

THE DADDY
17-08-2007, 12:39 PM
how do i change the home screen?

y2krog2000
17-08-2007, 03:38 PM
how do i change the home screen?

This is not a removal of the activescreen but it is the best solution to the problems it causes.

Namely blurring and lack of themed wallpaper

All ya need is FExplorer
Windows paint
BMCONV.EXE
and maybe XnView

First install FExplorer onto 6680
goto options>tool>turn screenshot on and activate this function

Now make sure the theme you have installed has the standby page you want by pressing the menu key until the list appears in left corner and then select the telephone reciever symbol.

This is how the phone would look without the orange activescreen.
The main wallpaper can be changed by editing the theme in the phone>tools>themes folder.
You can select the default image or user defined(ya own)

If this is how you want the phone to look press the pencil button and the "0" button together.
You have now made a jpeg image in the gallery of the screen.
Send this image to your pc and open in paint.

The image sent is a 176 x 208 jpeg. You need to change it to a 176 x 188 bmp.
The best way to do this is to remove the bottom section. This is the taken up by the labels for the two function buttons either side of joypad.
Now erase the clock, signal strength and battery symbols. Remember to make a space in top right for orange clock and down left hand side for active screen menu.
Once you feel it is how you want it save file as a 24bit bitmap.

Convert 176 x 188 bmp into a 65536 colour 176 x 188 mbm using BMCONV.EXE
Name the mbm file BckGrd.mbm

To see mbm on pc you will need XnView but this is not important.

Send mbm file to phone like a normal image.
6680 can open mbm files as long as they are 65,536 colour. Save this image in phones gallery

Open FExplorer and find this image. select Options>Edit>copy
Still in FExploerer go to C:\System\Apps\HomeScreen
You will now see another mbm file with same name. This is the blurred one the phone shows on activescreen.
Select Options>Edit>paste

The new mbm will now replace the blurred mbm.

Restart Phone.

Now when Active screen comes on it will look like standard standby screen although you will still have to contend with the annoying menu.

You can use any 176 x 188 bmp image to convert into the orange wallpaper but this way the phone looks more like a standard 6680

Not sure if this method had helped anyone but i've recently found a slight problem which is easily corrected.

When the phone is switched off the theme reverts to user defined(orange defined more like) wallpaper.
This is only noticable when taking a call or making a call as this only effects the theme wallpaper and not the active screen wallpaper.
In my case an orange square appeared in middle of screen which wasn't pretty.

The solution is to use the previous screen shot jpeg.
remove 176 x 18 from the bottom until you are left with same image you converted to mbm. Leave as jpeg.
Now remove 176 x 44 from the top of image.

You will be left with a 176 x 144 jpeg which is exactly the same as the themes default wallpaper.
Rename this BckGrd.jpeg and send it to phone.

Using FExplorer copy this to C:\System\Apps\HomeScreen and restart phone.

Now even if phone switches from default wallpaper to user defined it will still appear the same without distorting the active screen wallpaper.

DO NOT USE "SET AS WALLPAPER"!

When you do this the phone copies your image as a 176 x 144 jpeg to BckGrd.jpeg in above location.
This is fine but it then tries to convert the 176 x 144 jpeg into a 176 x 188 mbm for the active screen and this is the problem.
It is much better to do it yourself with the correct size images.

I dont know if this works as I dont have one of these phones, but it took me about 3 seconds to find it on :google: