PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock is out!

tinkertiler
15-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Bioshock has been leeked on the internet and i am so lookingforward to playing it. Bioshock - XBOX360-USA-DAGGER. The game is region free so ot will play in ALL 360 consoles just remember if you are playing it to keep offline and either keep offline till the game is released if you are playing it on your profile as MS could track you and then look a little closer at your console! Not worth the risk. Just make another profile and play that till release date.

Shipoftheline
17-08-2007, 12:41 PM
tinkertiler just out of interest because I've not done this before what happens when you plug it back up to Live when the game is out. Do your achievements still update on Live or do you loose that ?

tinkertiler
18-08-2007, 05:43 PM
tinkertiler just out of interest because I've not done this before what happens when you plug it back up to Live when the game is out. Do your achievements still update on Live or do you loose that ?

Yes the updated profile will go online meaning that if you have played bioshock before the release date then you will get the points on you LIVE account. If you stay off live till the release date you will be fine or the best method that i found was to make another profile call it offline or something similar and then i play all games that are not released yet on that profile. That way Microtheft wont know you have been playing it before the release date.

Some of you may be asking why do this? Well MS has started to ban people for playing copied games online. Now to me if you are playing a game that has not been released yet and MS know that it has been leaked on the net then they will look at your colnsole a little closer. Now they may or may not be able to detect that you have a modded 360 but its not woth the risk as far as im concerned may as well just play it on my offline profile and thats it they cannot see that i have played it yet!

Shipoftheline
18-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks tinkertiler I'll leave it off Live till Friday/Saturday then but hey what a great game :)

tinkertiler
18-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Its just a shame there is no multiplayer on it over LIVE that would have been cool. I have not had much time to look at it properly yet but what i have seen looks amazing.

Off topic just started downloading WMV films and playing them on the 360 and they look amazing. Got Terminator 2 and 300 running at 720p they play great on the 360.

:banana4::banana4::banana4:

cartergie
19-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Have u played it yet,is it working ok

Shipoftheline
19-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Have u played it yet,is it working ok

Yep been playing it all weekend and love it. Seems some people have been plug into live while playing it too because its showing up in some of the profiles I've seen

tinkertiler
20-08-2007, 10:19 AM
That is a unnecessary risk in my opinion because MS can do what anyone else can do start viewing profiles and then think why is he playing it? why are they playing it ect. It would be very easy to get caught. But i hear you say it had been leaked from toys are us! Yes maybe so but they can start keeping a eye on your account then and maybe see that you have been playing alot of games before release date. Just seems to me a risk that is not worth it with halo around the corner.

watto_uk
26-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Tremendous game. Very strong contender for GOTY. Got mine from PLAY.com, so I got the free faceplate for it. :)

E-bay, here I come.

Shipoftheline
27-08-2007, 12:48 PM
The game has amazing graphics and the PS3 fans most be extremly jealous at not having this and I doubt they'll ever get it with it being a DX9 game :)

Anyone seen the comparisons between the 360 and the PC here

YouTube - Bioshock Comparison (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQwILw4FDI4)

y2krog2000
27-08-2007, 05:16 PM
PS3 fans most be extremly jealous at not having this and I doubt they'll ever get it with it being a DX9 game :)
Have you seen metal gear solid 4 on the PS3!!!! I dont think PS3 owners have anything to be jealous about. YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 4 NEW DEMO Leipzig: WITH AUDIO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-BBxzLoMo)

tinkertiler
28-08-2007, 12:08 AM
PS3 owners may say that they are getting MGS4 but we have bioshock, halo 3, project gotham 4, and the best bit we have live oh and there is the thing that the games are alot cheaper if you download them which is pointless if you are a ps3 owner as no hack available yet!

Been playing Bioshock for 5 hours tonight what a great game.

What happened to the PS3 hack by paradox that was supposed to surface but never did or was it just BS of a BS group?

P.S. Which is better anyway killing the lit6tle girls or rescuing them? I am rescuing them didnt have the heart to kill them!!!!!!!!

y2krog2000
28-08-2007, 08:06 AM
bioshock, halo 3, project gotham 4
Yep they are good games but only one of them is a exclusive xbox game as you can get halo 3 and bioshock for the pc.

tinkertiler
28-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I ment in console market i worded it a little wrong :"v oh and Gears of War (maybe a pc game) Forza 2. And Halo 3 for the PC not for a long while look how long it took them to get halo 2!

Shipoftheline
28-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Have you seen metal gear solid 4 on the PS3!!!! I dont think PS3 owners have anything to be jealous about. YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 4 NEW DEMO Leipzig: WITH AUDIO (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Yep looks good & I'm sure it will look even better on the XBOX 360 ;)

Gaming - News - 'Metal Gear Solid 4' confirmed for Xbox 360 - Digital Spy (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. You should like this part too

Xbox 360 version will also include exclusive content and gameplay not offered in the PS3 edition.

Shipoftheline
28-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Yep they are good games but only one of them is a exclusive xbox game as you can get halo 3 and bioshock for the pc.

Yep because its so easy to do with both the PC and XBOX having Windows NT kernals :)

Shipoftheline
28-08-2007, 11:37 AM
P.S. Which is better anyway killing the lit6tle girls or rescuing them? I am rescuing them didnt have the heart to kill them!!!!!!!!

rescuing works better for the story and achievements

y2krog2000
28-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Ship it wont be coming out on the xbox, it was a mistake and there is plenty about it on the net. All HMV's fault for getting the wrong end of the stick and the xbox owners got a little to excited. Konami even officialy said that they will only be releasing this game for PS3. 'MGS4 for Xbox 360' a mistake, admits HMV // GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27372)

tinkertiler
28-08-2007, 10:08 PM
finished the game and it was very good i tried to turn it off 3 thimes and i had to turn it back on just as well i wasnt at work!

Shipoftheline
29-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Ship it wont be coming out on the xbox, it was a mistake and there is plenty about it on the net. All HMV's fault for getting the wrong end of the stick and the xbox owners got a little to excited. Konami even officialy said that they will only be releasing this game for PS3. 'MGS4 for Xbox 360' a mistake, admits HMV // GamesIndustry.biz (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. It certainly wouldn't be in the developers interested to let it slip after signing an exlusive time limiation contract with Sony no but I think we all know whats going to happen like when it came to the old XBOX :)