PDA

View Full Version : sky and dreambox

qu1ver
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey ,
I have question regarding watching sly premimium channels.
I have bought Dreambox 500S and i have plugged into the sly dish installed already , How will i be able to brut3forc3 the pay per view channels using dreambox 500S, Do i need to have the right image to do that or do i have to install softcams. lately i had Dreambox 500C for the cable using v1rg1n m3dia and it use to show all premimuim channels.
any help will be appreciated.

bladesftp
07-08-2007, 09:53 PM
im afraid you wont get any premium sky tv channels as sky isnt hacked m8 all you will pick up with your sat pointed to astra 28.2 (sky uk) is the free to air channels you wont even get channel 4 or 5 without a viewing card

yunus
09-08-2007, 09:49 PM
only way to view sky via dreambox is to join a card sharing club.google card sharing to find out more.

klys
24-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I wasn't aware cable dreambox gives more channels than my satelite box. Would it be worth switching to a cable box?

krazylegz
25-08-2007, 06:10 PM
only way to view sky via dreambox is to join a card sharing club.google card sharing to find out more.

not strictly true m8,you can use your official card in one to get them.

I wasn't aware cable dreambox gives more channels than my satelite box. Would it be worth switching to a cable box?

all depends what ur after m8. a cable box is a lot easier to set up and requires less maintenance,but if u want to start getting into satellite properly either by a motorised setup or monoblock then a satellite version is far better as on one satellite u can get about 5000 channels and i recieve about 20 odd satellites on my system,so the choice is yours

dave
29-01-2008, 11:39 PM
what would be the cost of a motorized sat dish and of those 5000 channel you can veiw are they english, and what type of programs are they shopping,film,game shows etc. i have a dreambox 500s and so far i can only pick up shopping and religious programs on astra 2 do i need to load the box with various programs to be able to pick up more channels and if so what are the best programs to load, also how do i load these programs into the dreambox. sorry i am a complete novice. would appreciate any helpful info
thanks in advance

Mik25
30-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Best thing for you to do m8 is a lot of reading and then ask more specific questions about trouble your having.try using google even.only thing your not askin is for someone to come round and set it up for ya lol.