PDA

View Full Version : HDD Full? CIFS Mount

leetgamer
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Finally managed to get all the settings for a CIFS mount working but when I try to record it tells me my HDD is full even though I have over 90GB available.

'Recording stopped due to full harddisk'

I managed to watch one of my movies on the PC through the DB so the mount is definetely working ok.

For some reason though my pics wouldn't show on the slide viewer!

Any help much appreciated.

nobby
01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Finally managed to get all the settings for a CIFS mount working but when I try to record it tells me my HDD is full even though I have over 90GB available.
'Recording stopped due to full harddisk'
I managed to watch one of my movies on the PC through the DB so the mount is definetely working ok.
For some reason though my pics wouldn't show on the slide viewer!
Any help much appreciated.

I had this problem and it was simply down to the setup of the dreambox (I run neutrino so if you're running enigma some settings may be different)

Somewhere in the settings (in my case the 'Direct Recording Settings') there will be the 'Default Recording Directory' - double check this is pointing onto your CIFS mount correctly. Also if youre recording to a sub-directory, make sure this has been created on the hard-disk.

Try creating a small file in the appropriate directory, and (with the CIFS area mounted) use Tuxcom (the file manager) to browse to the directory specified by the 'Default Recording Directory' and check you can see it.

If you can see the file, try moving it (again using tuxcom). Finally if this works, try deleting the file. This will check if you have write permissions on the directory.

Similarly for the picture, check that the directory the dreambox expects to see the pictures on is correctly configured to point to the correct area on the CIFS disk.

Good luck!

leetgamer
01-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I worked it all out.

Don't know why I was getting the 'harddisk full' error but I mounted to my D: drive and decided to change it to F:, go 'inaccessable storage' error, switched to C: and got it all up and running.

My Slideshow Viewer isn't showing any of my pics, any ideas?

Then I tried to find out why it wouldn't work on F: and I had forgot to make the 'movie' folder, so all is good and well now :D

( I don't know if this was what fixed the actual problem but, I changed it from '/mnt' to '/hdd')

nobby
02-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I worked it all out.
Don't know why I was getting the 'harddisk full' error but I mounted to my D: drive and decided to change it to F:, go 'inaccessable storage' error, switched to C: and got it all up and running.
My Slideshow Viewer isn't showing any of my pics, any ideas?
Then I tried to find out why it wouldn't work on F: and I had forgot to make the 'movie' folder, so all is good and well now :D
( I don't know if this was what fixed the actual problem but, I changed it from '/mnt' to '/hdd')

Check the image setup to find the directory the pictures are being picked up from. Use Tuxcom again to go to the directory specified as holding the pictures in the image setup and check if you can see them in there

zalman
05-08-2007, 08:50 AM
the dm500 cannot show jpegs as its a hardware limitaion with the front processor if u wanna show pictures on ya tv get a dm600 :)

cheers

zalman